trouble codes P0455 (M) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > trouble codes P0455 (M)

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

trouble codes P0455 (M)

Just got the troubles from the FAQ section. Most of the codes have a (M) after them P0455 (M). What does the M stand for? Memory?

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
jmreagan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vosevichs View Post
Just got the troubles from the FAQ section. Most of the codes have a (M) after them P0455 (M). What does the M stand for? Memory?
Tighten your gas cap. I don't know what the M is for but had the same code several times and it was always because I forgot to tighten the gas cap. It takes a day or two for the CEL to go off.
03' Sport, 4.0L, 3.73, 5 speed, D44/D30, 3 inch coil/shock lift, RE track bar, Tera disco's, 35x12.50's Dunlap Mud Rovers MT's, Spidertrax spacers, Viper 5000 alarm, Tuffy console, LOD extreme bumper/tire carrier and front bumper, A-Z rockers, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, JKS Rear UCA's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ
Sorry master, Dont whips me, I's do betta next time..
jmreagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

When I bought this jeep last month it had the check engine light on. Filling it up with gas I noticed it had the wrong gas cap on it. Replaced it. 100miles later the light went out. 2 weeks later I left my gas cap at the gas station. Ran to the parts store, bought another one and put it on. No Check engine light. Now today, (2 weeks later) going to lunch Check engine light comes on. P0455 @ 56. Gas cap is Tight. I'll check all the vacumn lines tonight. And get another gas cap.

Whats the M stand for?
Unread 12-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
jmreagan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vosevichs View Post
When I bought this jeep last month it had the check engine light on. Filling it up with gas I noticed it had the wrong gas cap on it. Replaced it. 100miles later the light went out. 2 weeks later I left my gas cap at the gas station. Ran to the parts store, bought another one and put it on. No Check engine light. Now today, (2 weeks later) going to lunch Check engine light comes on. P0455 @ 56. Gas cap is Tight. I'll check all the vacumn lines tonight. And get another gas cap.

Whats the M stand for?
Just get a good brand gas cap that is made for your jeep at a discount store or get one from the dealer. Make sure it is snug and that should fix your problem. I have done the same thing at the gas station before and the CEL came on just like you said. No worries, you should be fine.
03' Sport, 4.0L, 3.73, 5 speed, D44/D30, 3 inch coil/shock lift, RE track bar, Tera disco's, 35x12.50's Dunlap Mud Rovers MT's, Spidertrax spacers, Viper 5000 alarm, Tuffy console, LOD extreme bumper/tire carrier and front bumper, A-Z rockers, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, JKS Rear UCA's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ
Sorry master, Dont whips me, I's do betta next time..
jmreagan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.