trouble codes P0455 (M) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-08-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

trouble codes P0455 (M)

Just got the troubles from the FAQ section. Most of the codes have a (M) after them P0455 (M). What does the M stand for? Memory?

Scott Vosevich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
jmreagan

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vosevichs View Post
Just got the troubles from the FAQ section. Most of the codes have a (M) after them P0455 (M). What does the M stand for? Memory?
Tighten your gas cap. I don't know what the M is for but had the same code several times and it was always because I forgot to tighten the gas cap. It takes a day or two for the CEL to go off.

03' Sport, 4.0L, 3.73, 5 speed, D44/D30, 3 inch coil/shock lift, RE track bar, Tera disco's, 35x12.50's Dunlap Mud Rovers MT's, Spidertrax spacers, Viper 5000 alarm, Tuffy console, LOD extreme bumper/tire carrier and front bumper, A-Z rockers, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, JKS Rear UCA's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ
Sorry master, Dont whips me, I's do betta next time..
post #3 of 4 Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

When I bought this jeep last month it had the check engine light on. Filling it up with gas I noticed it had the wrong gas cap on it. Replaced it. 100miles later the light went out. 2 weeks later I left my gas cap at the gas station. Ran to the parts store, bought another one and put it on. No Check engine light. Now today, (2 weeks later) going to lunch Check engine light comes on. P0455 @ 56. Gas cap is Tight. I'll check all the vacumn lines tonight. And get another gas cap.

Whats the M stand for?

Scott Vosevich

post #4 of 4 Old 12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
jmreagan

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vosevichs View Post
When I bought this jeep last month it had the check engine light on. Filling it up with gas I noticed it had the wrong gas cap on it. Replaced it. 100miles later the light went out. 2 weeks later I left my gas cap at the gas station. Ran to the parts store, bought another one and put it on. No Check engine light. Now today, (2 weeks later) going to lunch Check engine light comes on. P0455 @ 56. Gas cap is Tight. I'll check all the vacumn lines tonight. And get another gas cap.

Whats the M stand for?
Just get a good brand gas cap that is made for your jeep at a discount store or get one from the dealer. Make sure it is snug and that should fix your problem. I have done the same thing at the gas station before and the CEL came on just like you said. No worries, you should be fine.

03' Sport, 4.0L, 3.73, 5 speed, D44/D30, 3 inch coil/shock lift, RE track bar, Tera disco's, 35x12.50's Dunlap Mud Rovers MT's, Spidertrax spacers, Viper 5000 alarm, Tuffy console, LOD extreme bumper/tire carrier and front bumper, A-Z rockers, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, JKS Rear UCA's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ
Sorry master, Dont whips me, I's do betta next time..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.