trouble with axle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > trouble with axle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
jonesyjones15

trouble with axle

i need help.. today my 2004 wrangler stopped getting power to the rear axle.. i could only get it off of the road when shifting it into 4wd. there was clicking when turning that started about two days ago and when completing the turn it would be a loud clunk noise coming from rear. well today it gave out on me when i went to turn on the road does anyone have any idea what it could be??

jonesyjones15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Most likely the side gears and/or spider gears are broken.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Dueces
1999 TJ Wrangler 

+1 on spider gears. When I broke mine on my d35 doing something stupid it was doing exactly that.
Dueces is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.