Trektop by Bestop. Anyone have one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trektop by Bestop. Anyone have one?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
redneckyoda86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Trektop by Bestop. Anyone have one?

I'm looking to replace my top. I look into the rampage top and just read a thread on it. The noise isnt a big deal for me, the lump in the middle isnt a big deal for me either. What I would like to know is if anyone has or knows someone that has the Trektop by Bestop? Was wondering if it would be a good choice to spend the extra money and get a better top or if it makes the same kinda noise as the rampage one. This is the part number from 4wd.com BST56801.

redneckyoda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just a note if you don't know, there is a new Trektp NX comming out very soon. All three windows now come out (though they do not stow like the rampage) and it has a sunrider folding fromt.
Neil F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
redneckyoda86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i know that. but does it still make the noise like the rampage one. not to worried about stowing the windows. just want to know what someone thinks of it. that is if they have one.
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

double post.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
Just a note if you don't know, there is a new Trektp NX comming out very soon. All three windows now come out (though they do not stow like the rampage) and it has a sunrider folding fromt.
Exactly.

The sunrider feature is pretty cool, but IMO still isn't a true frameless top because it has all the front hardware for the sunrider feature. It looks like it would take a while to remove the top completely, whereas I can completely pull my Rampage off in under 10 minutes. The stow bag is by far the BEST feature Rampage top has. The bag is also removable for safe long term storage.

That said, if I had the extra money would probably go with the Trektop. I love my Rampage top, but Bestop has a lot more resources and the Trektop looks like it fits a bit better and the Sunrider feature is pretty enticing.

I have a feeling Geoff will be chiming in with some info, which I would like to hear.
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
redneckyoda86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ok yeah i did double post. my bad. but thanks for your input.
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckyoda86 View Post
ok yeah i did double post. my bad. but thanks for your input.
Nope, I double posted.
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
Luv-My-TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
I was considering a Rampage top but I see the NX will be using a factory header bar permantly affixed to the top.
I like that feature!
"I'm a TJ owner, I dont go waving like a retard who lost his helmet everytime i see a jeep. If you like to wave so be it, I have better things to do like running over boxes of puppies while driving drunk and texting from the other side of the highway." - KKiowaTJ
Luv-My-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.