Transmission shakes / binds right before coming to a stop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission shakes / binds right before coming to a stop

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
sheldonwestwood

Transmission shakes / binds right before coming to a stop

Hi,
I have a 2005 4.0L Jeep Wrangler 2dr Unlimited with 6 speed manual transmission.

Recently, when coming to a stop, right around 3-5 mph the transmission will shake / shutter / vibrate for a second, then the car is stopped. It sounds like it is something mechanical binding right under the stick shift. It doesn't matter if the transmission is in neutral, clutch in or out, or in gear with the cluth depressed...

Please, if you have had this problem, or have any suggestions as to what it might be let me know. This is driving me nuts knowing that something is getting torn up inside the tranny.

sheldonwestwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Fill in you profile. Do you have a lift? Did you just purchase this vehicle? Is this something that's been going on for a while?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6 speed trans , binding , stick shift , transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.