transmission rear output seal replacement? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > transmission rear output seal replacement?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 07-23-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
under_psi

transmission rear output seal replacement?

anyone replace the rear output shaft seal on their ax15 5sp manual?

first off, is fluid supposed to come out of the rear output seal on the tranny when the tc is removed (tranny is aimed slightly downwards and supported by a jack....)??? i didnt think so, but was just making sure....i have had a tranny fluid leak for a while now, and while doing the SYE decided to inspect and repair it if at all possible.....i ordered and received the seal....so that is all ready and good. i am just not sure as to the next steps....do i have to pull the tailshaft housing piece off of the tranny? or is it a simple pull the seal out and stick a new one in....

it does not look like the easier of teh two ways....looking at the seal, i imagine that i am going to have to do it the hard way....the seal has the pressure spring-ring on it and a lip, making me think that it needs to be installed from the inside....

help? guidance? warnings? all info appreciated.....i sure would liek to drive my jeep sometime soon......

louis

What's coming through is alive. What's holding up is a mirror. But what's singing songs is a snake looking to turn this piss to wine. They're both totally void of hate, but killing me just the same. The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been. My blood before me begs meopen up my heart again. And I feel this coming over like a storm again. considerately. Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty. Drags me down like some sweet gravity.
under_psi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
under_psi

anyone?
What's coming through is alive. What's holding up is a mirror. But what's singing songs is a snake looking to turn this piss to wine. They're both totally void of hate, but killing me just the same. The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been. My blood before me begs meopen up my heart again. And I feel this coming over like a storm again. considerately. Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty. Drags me down like some sweet gravity.
Unread 07-24-2005, 02:08 AM   #3
under_psi

ttt.......
Unread 07-24-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
under_psi

well, in case anyone is/was wondering about this, it is very simple...

with the tc removed, use a screwdriver as a prying tool and or a seal puller and simple pull the seal....press the new one in gently, and bang....you are done....very simple fix for something that i thought was going to be tuff....

Last edited by under_psi; 07-24-2005 at 06:58 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.