Is the Transmission mount on the TJ's 00-04 NV3500 centered between the frame rails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is the Transmission mount on the TJ's 00-04 NV3500 centered between the frame rails?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is the Transmission mount on the TJ's 00-04 NV3500 centered between the frame rails?

I am needing to know this because i'm trying to center my custom skid. I should have taken measurements before I dropped the factory but I didn't. If no one knows for 100% sure, I will have to put it all back together just to see. Please help... thanks. Have a great day.

My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
cincytj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRocks86
I am needing to know this because i'm trying to center my custom skid. I should have taken measurements before I dropped the factory but I didn't. If no one knows for 100% sure, I will have to put it all back together just to see. Please help... thanks. Have a great day.

i forgot to mark mine as well. there is a lot of variation in these TJ frames and mounts and what is centered on one might not be on another. i put mine together many times and it is still easier than cutting and redoing a hasty weld. sorry I know that isnt what you want to hear....
knoblock rear bumper, OBA in process,
bestop tire carrier, 35-12.5-16 trXus MT's on MOABs with 1.25 spidertrax
Currie HD steering
Nth Degree 6" LA kit. Garvin Wilderness Rack w/hi-lift mnt
HEMI & 5spd Auto
cincytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
cyclerider105

When I installed my 33 Engineering skid on my 04 with the NV3550 I made an observation that the transmission mounting point is NOT centered between the frame. I don't remember which direction off center it was?
cyclerider105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
dodgetk81
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not 100%, but would it make sense that it would be off center the same way the engine is? I know the crankshaft is off center I think to the Pass side.
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

it's not centered. I ended up putting the factory skid back on to get the mounting points. Then I jacked it up again. I jacked from the back of the mount so it didn't move to one side while jacking it up.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.