Transmission issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission issue

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 07-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
thatnameisinuse
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Transmission issue

Hello Guys

About two thousand miles ago I had my trans flushed (32rh) since that time a few things have happened

1. A fluid leak I cannot find , looks like it coming from the driver side where the cooler lines attach. I even removed my front drive shaft for a better view, and btw the dipstick reads that the level is normal

2. The jeep will not move either forward or reverse until the engine has run for about 20 seconds.

3. Today while driving a very short distance it struggled to maintain 50 mph and developed a burning smell. I returned home let it idle for a few minutes and checked the fluid which looked normal color and normal level.

I am kinda stumped here and ideas as to what the issue may be , I appreciate any ideas.

Thanks Pat

thatnameisinuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did the filter get changed with the fluid?...
Unread 07-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
thatnameisinuse
1998 TJ Wrangler 

no
thatnameisinuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
JerseyDoug
Can I go home now?
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Did the filter get changed with the fluid?...
Hope you're wrong about that. I see where you are going, I think. I just changed mine myself, but was unable to remove the filter, so couldn't change it. It did not appear clogged and the old fluid did not appear very dirty. I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

I didn't think about a clogged filter preventing the AT fluid from the pan from circulating through the AT.

To the OP, I'd have that checked asap.
JerseyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnameisinuse View Post
no
Time to drop the pan...

Tags
transmission , 32rh , leak

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.