transmission fluid change?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > transmission fluid change??

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIntroducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 05-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

transmission fluid change??

I'm trying to get my fluids changed out today and i'm not sure if these two things are the drain and fill holes for my transmission fluid. i don't have any tools that fit in these either.

transmission-arrows.jpg

4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
TJ on the Rocks

Yes sir , they are the correct plugs . You'll need a 17mm allen wrench for those

Remove the fill plug first , then proceed to the drain plug

Filling it back up can get messy since the hole is tough to get at with a typical bottle .
A bottle pump comes in handy

Here's what I use to re-fill it . Draw the fluid from the bottle , then push it into the tranny . Repeat 'till full or ~ at 2.41 qts.
dsc01798.jpg  
[SIZE="4"][/URL][/B][COLOR="Red"][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.stickylee.com/catalog/index.php"]www.stickylee.com[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Last edited by TJ on the Rocks; 05-27-2006 at 02:23 PM..
TJ on the Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
UTmike
2002 TJ Wrangler 

awesome, thankyou
4.5" RE SF Lift, 1" BL, 35" Cooper Discoverer STT, Lockrite Locker, 8.8 Rear, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS, Sliders, Skids, Bumpers, Rear Stinger, RockCrusher Diff Covers, 8000# Winch, Herc'd Tub, Homemade Deck Cover, On Board Misting System and Faucet
UTmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.