Transmission cooler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission cooler

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Telnet

Transmission cooler

I am replacing my rad this upcoming week I have my shop manual and it reads,

"All models equipped with an automatic transmission are equipped with a transmission oil cooler..."

I have a manual transmission and it has a transmission cooler is it normal for my jeep to have this ??????

Because I ordered a stock rad for a manual I'm not sure if it will come with it?

Thanks Jacob

Telnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you have a manual there is really no need for a transmission cooler, if you have an auto then it would be something you need, the previous owner may have installed a cooler thinking he was going to get a performance gain from it.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
Telnet

I ordered the stock rad for a 2001 tj 6 cyl manual are the cooler and rad 2 different parts ?

If so will the one i ordered come with the cooler ??? or will it just be the rad ?

but if it is only one unit cooler + rad, will the stock one I ordered have the cooler or is there just a stock rad for the manual jeeps ???
Telnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:03 AM   #4
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telnet View Post
I ordered the stock rad for a 2001 tj 6 cyl manual are the cooler and rad 2 different parts ?

If so will the one i ordered come with the cooler ??? or will it just be the rad ?

but if it is only one unit cooler + rad, will the stock one I ordered have the cooler or is there just a stock rad for the manual jeeps ???
The stock radiator is the same for manual or auto trans... The only difference is that if you have an auto trans you will need to move the cooling tips from the lower side of the old radiator to the new one. If you have a manual you are set to go.
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:04 AM   #5
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and please complete your profile so the guys could get more info about your car to better help you in the future
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tranny , transmission , cooler , rad , manual , standard , automatic , replacement

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.