Transfer Case Leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transfer Case Leak

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
tjsmith63
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Transfer Case Leak

Today I noticed fluid on my garage floor and it appears to be from the transfer case as there is light amount of fluid on the skid plate as well. 3 weeks ago I had a 2" BDS Suspension installed and since then I have noticed a vibration in the rear when in second gear. Could this be causing the leaking? It is not my daily driver and I have put about 600 miles on since the lift was installed. I also went and did some very easy off roading this past weekend in river bottoms, they were pretty soft with just a few rough areas, I donít think it would be from that, but maybe? I have never had leaking before, and when the lift was installed the mechanic checked the transfer case fluid and didn't see any leaks. I am far below average at doing mechanic work so I am wondering what my next steps should be. Take to mechanic? What are the possible problems that could be causing this and what might it cost me to have the different scenarios repaired. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

tjsmith63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Take it to your mechanic.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bds lift , transfer case leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.