Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trans cooler at radiator thread size

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mrblaine 
#1 ·
What is the thread size for the fitting at the trans cooler built into the radiator. 98 TJ.

I want to seal off the built in transmission cooler with brass fittings, so I need the thread size. Please only reply to this message if you know the thread size. I am not looking to debate the pros and cons of using the in radiator cooler.

Thanks

#2 ·
What is the thread size for the fitting at the trans cooler built into the radiator. 98 TJ.

I want to seal off the built in transmission cooler with brass fittings, so I need the thread size. Please only reply to this message if you know the thread size. I am not looking to debate the pros and cons of using the in radiator cooler.

Thanks
I believe the thread pitch is 5/8-18 which is what the tube nut for 3/8" inverted flare has. That said, there is no need to seal it off. Once you drain the trans fluid out of it, it's just an open cooler with no harm to be done if left open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.