Trailmax II Rear Seat by Bestop Fitment Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trailmax II Rear Seat by Bestop Fitment Question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
jeepwave

Trailmax II Rear Seat by Bestop Fitment Question

I am interested in putting a backseat with headrests into my 2004 Wrangler Unlimited. Bestop makes the Trailmax II and I'm confused on whether or not this seat will mount properly.

The reason I am asking is because I found a website that states that it does not fit, but on quadratec, the website states it does.

DOES NOT FIT...

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...railmaxII.html

DOES FIT....
http://www.quadratec.com/products/24277_11XX_PG.htm.

I called Bestop and spoke with one of their representatives and she said that for the 03-06 models Bestop did not test the seats. She recommended that I get on JeepForum and ask if anyone has bought and installed this seat in a 2004-2006 Wrangler Unlimited. Does this seat fit my Wrangler?

jeepwave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
jeepwave

bump

bump to the top
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know, but I wanted to say how funny it is that a manufacturer actually told you to get on JF for fitment info on their product!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
edmond
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was also curious so I sent Bestop an email. They said it would fit.

SOLD -2006 LJ, 38" BFG's on KMC Beadlocks, Sway-A-Way coilovers, FT LA, D60 ProRocks,ARB's,Rock Hard Cage, Prestige Billet Products Etc..
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
jeepwave

Interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmond View Post
I was also curious so I sent Bestop an email. They said it would fit.
Their Response

Thank you for writing.

Brian,
Unfortunately, this seat will not fit the Unlimited.

Thank You
Bestop Customer Service
Please Reply With Prior Communication

"Fit. Function. Style."

Original Question submitted to Bestop
Brian submitted the following question about our Jeep Seats, TrailMax II:

Question: Does the following part fit the 2004 Wrangler Unlimited?
TrailMax II Fold & Tumble (fabric) Rear Bench for Wrangler, 97-06 Part Number 39439
Unread 07-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
jeepwave

It is funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.delancy View Post
I don't know, but I wanted to say how funny it is that a manufacturer actually told you to get on JF for fitment info on their product!
I am very confused because a major distributor (quadratec) has on their website that it fits the 97-06 Wrangler, yet the quadratec paper catalog states that it only fits the 97-02 Wrangler. The Bestop representative said that they never tested the 03-06 models. . Yet another Jeeper gets a response from another Bestop rep that it does fit. I would love to purchase this seat, but don't won't to be stuck with it if it truly does not fit.
Unread 07-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #7
jeepwave

BTTT, hoping someone has bought this seat...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.