Trail Jammer install/writeup and review - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trail Jammer install/writeup and review

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #76
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did anyone see any MPG improvment with this Mod?
I am looking for some more HP and a few MPG gain would also be nice.
Dave

kittyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #77
detroitmurph
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Will this fit on a 2.5L 97 as well?
detroitmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #78
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
Did anyone see any MPG improvment with this Mod?
I am looking for some more HP and a few MPG gain would also be nice.
Dave

didn't change my MPG, mine stayed the same, (worse if your like "testing" these kinda mods) but helped out on the highway with larger tires a lot.
-Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, Clear Turn Signals and Markers, Custom Front Bumper Hoop with upgraded hooks, Delta 50 Flowmaster, Code Alarm CA-670 Paging-Alarm with Motion Detector, K&N FIPK, JKS Discos, Procomp LCAs, Airaid TBS, Tuffy 055 rear section sub console, 4-Hella 500's, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Olympic Reverse-a-bars, Delta Headlight kit with black bezels, Edge Trail Jammer kit, Smittybilt Classic Tire Carrier, WARN Oil Skid, Skid Row steering skid, JKS adj. rear track bar, RC front adj. track bar.
Rocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #79
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The way I see it if it dont hurt MPG and your getting the bigger tires to move better and quicker then it is helping the MPG.

Its taking less fuel to get up to those highway speeds quicker as before it was taking 2 seconds more on the same ammount of gas.

So you can be a little heavier footed and wont hurt the economy. Thats good.

Im seriously thinking about holding off on the bumper for a couple weeks and going with whole kit for my 98 XJ.

Anyone have any good thoughts about them on XJs? Same engines in the TJs so I figure the same results but just wondering.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #80
cheRODkee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So guys, any comments on the kit mounted on a 2000 XJ ???

Cheers
cheRODkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #81
xltj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had this kit on my 99 TJ 4.0L. Since I've sold it, I can definitely tell a little loss in power. But I needed money for tires, so this mod had to go...
Jeep: 1999 Black TJ Sahara, 6-cylinder, 4.0L, front dana 30, rear dana 44, 3.73 gears, 3" Teraflex, 15x8 Eagle Alloys, 33x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Bestop Sailcloth top, KC 150w Daylighters, KC 55w fogs, CB radio, 73k miles
Daily Driver: '05 Silver Civic EX Coupe, 4 cyl 5-speed Manual, ~35 MPG, 54k miles
xltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #82
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just installed this kit and there's a definite improvement. The throttle response was noticably quicker and the Jeep pulls through 1st & 2nd harder than before. Additionally, whereas my 6th gear was all but unusable beforethe installation (haven't regeared yet), I can now hold 6th gear on the highway without having to bury the skinny pedal.

After the installation I did a 2-mile test run around the neighborhood and as noted in the installation instructions the idle was somewhat high (1400 RPMs). But after a couple miles and stopping and restarting it adjusted back to normal.

I then let the Jeep sit for about an hour while I went out for lunch with the wife, and when I got back it wouldn't start. After 3 attempts it finally fired but ran very rough. The check engine light came on, and the code P0107 was thrown - MAP sensor low voltage. I unplugged the Edge computer, returned to the factory wiring, and everything was fine. And then re-plugged in the Edge and started it again - everything is running great now. Did another test drive and no problems.

Any idea why it threw the code? Possibly a loose plug on the computer?
Unread 12-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #83
fisherman8558
2006 LJ Wrangler 

In regards to the whistling sound, I purchased mine this year and it still makes that awful noise when i start it up, but once it warms it goes away and don't hear anymore. imho it is well worth the money as I now have more power and response for around town and highway driving with my 35's and slightly better mpg as well. Good initial write-up this is what swayed me to make the purchase and I too ordered mine from Thoroughbred Diesel.
fisherman8558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #84
Ocean120
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I also obtained a noticable throttle response with this kit. However, the throttle is a little to "goosy" for rock crawling. I find myself having to feather the throttle when going over obstacles. Sometimes this causes me to lurch forward, which is not always a good thing. Anyone know if there is a way to tune down the module when I need to?
Ocean120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #85
roughskinjrz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed this kit today. Was very easy to install, just time consuming if you want perfect. After installing it wouldnt start unless i hit the throttle, but after the 6th time and holding the gas for moments it started to idle at 700 but a little jumpy. I noticed a huge gain in throttle response, in the first few gears its real jumpy a little too jumpy. I forgot to reset the battery, and my check engine light came on, so im assuming ill do that tomorrow and fix a few things. I got the Module, CAI, and Throttle Body definitely worth the money.
roughskinjrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #86
laxin15
2006 TJ Wrangler 

can anyone put up a video on youtube or something of the "whistle" this product makes?? i just want to know how loud it is. personally it wouldnt bother me, i would like to order this eventually just wondering how loud it actually is.
laxin15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.