JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Trail Jammer install/writeup and review (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/trail-jammer-install-writeup-review-403511/)

barry1me 04-17-2007 07:54 PM

Trail Jammer install/writeup and review

4 Attachment(s)
I got my trail jammer in the mail yesterday. I read the instructions last night so I would be prepared for the installation today. I cant believe how easy this was. The quality of this kit is better then OE. Once I installed the new Throttle body, and the Chip I reconnected the battery and started it up. Started up and idled fine. I quickly looked over everything to make sure that everything was installed per the directions, and we took for a test drive. I had a hard time believing some of the claims in horsepower that I had heard about this kit. First let me say once we put the TSL's on the procomp streetloks we noticed a big loss in power versus the lighter Mud kings that were on previously. I am shocked at how much better the jeep feels. The first thing I noticed was a much better throttle response. Then once I gave it WOT it felt like I had gained considerable amount of power. Im not sure how much I have gained but this mod is worth every penny so far in my book. I didnt have any issues with installing the Trail jammer. Very easy if you can change your airfilter then you can do this. Attached are some pics of how it is recieved, the old TB vs. the edge TB.

barry1me 04-17-2007 07:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
here are some pics after I installed the edge TB and the module. I mounted it right under the brake booster with the velcro, and tie straps included with the kit. Overall Im very pleased with this. IMO for the money this is the best bang for your buck for performance:thumbsup: I didnt get the kit that uses the CAI, because I have an ARB snorkle setup. I believe your supposed to get a little more power if you have a CAI.

AlTheKillerr 04-17-2007 08:45 PM

looks and sounds awesome. i want to get just the TB but im not sure if they will do that let alone how much it would be

silvergreentj 04-17-2007 08:47 PM

nice!!! do you have any significant seat of pants power while in the higher gears?

Red_ 04-17-2007 08:48 PM

Favorite question, any MPG hit or gain?

barry1me 04-17-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al The Killer
looks and sounds awesome. i want to get just the TB but im not sure if they will do that let alone how much it would be

get the module and the TB the price really isnt that bad when you consider what you get.

Quote:

highrolleron33snice!!! do you have any significant seat of pants power while in the higher gears?
yes you deffinatly feel it in the seat, Im rolling 35" TSL's with 4.56's and a stock 4.0L and this woke it up pretty good.:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dragon

I just installed it tonight, so I will update once I get some more miles on it. I would assume right now there would be a bit of gain due to needing less throttle to get up to speed now.

njbowhntr 04-17-2007 09:19 PM

It is a nice little kit. I just installed mine on saturday. I am throughly impressed with it. It is worth every penny I spent.

silvergreentj 04-17-2007 09:20 PM

where did you order from...was it stylincustoms that had the module and throttle body so cheap compared to elsewhere

KnightFire 04-18-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dragon

I've had the module/TB for about 4 months now, and I can attest my mileage didn't change one bit and like the rest of you, noticed a small SOTP improvement, most notably in throttle tip in and 1-3 gears.

I still get 16-18mpg on the hwy @ an average of 80mph confirmed with my Scan GaugeII. I actually get into the 20s (mpg) if I keep her at 70mph...but around here...at 70mph you become an obstacle to the traffic flow.

I bought mine from www.autoanything.com and wrote a review which you can read:
http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A3126A0A0.aspx (PS I'm sure you can figure out which is mine just from the location given in my user ID on this site, if not...It's the longer write up of the two.)

spyder6 04-18-2007 05:28 AM

the trail jammer for the 05-06 Wranglers just came out, i think im going to buy it, but im not sure

njbowhntr 04-18-2007 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder6
the trail jammer for the 05-06 Wranglers just came out, i think im going to buy it, but im not sure

I just put this kit on my jeep. If you look in the jeep reviews I entered one for kit ETJ4005. I will be updating this review at the 1 and 6 months. So if you want to wait. I will let you know what I find on my 2005.

barry1me 04-18-2007 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder6

I highly recomend this kit. They offer two different kits. One with the CAI, and one with out. I noticed a significent increase in pickup at 60mph+ also.

jeeptj19992001 04-18-2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al The Killer

contact jeeps and creeps for a throttle body, they bore them out

JeepinJP 04-18-2007 07:20 AM

Hey all,
Just signed up yesterday after reading these boards for years. I have the complete kit installed for over a year. I LOVE IT! :2thumbsup: I would recommend anyone to invest in such a great upgrade. It is worth every penny!

At the time i also installed banks monster exhaust with Randoms Tech cat converter.

IM IN LOVE :kiss:

I did put up a quick review.

Good day!

barry1me 04-19-2007 11:46 AM

If anyone ever has an issue with installation or just need some tech support, edge is very good at answering any questions and lending some knowledge.

The time now is 11:52 PM.