Trackbar, sye, and tt? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trackbar, sye, and tt?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Trackbar, sye, and tt?

I'm about to order the TW sye/cv combo. I plan on a ucf ultra high clearance skid when I do it. I'm going to put my rear adjustable uppers back on for that as well. I'm going to be running a mc rear track bar. My question is, will I still need the angle cv bracket with an aftermarket track bar? I know my pinion will have to be rotated quite a bit. I know I'll prolly have to trim the lower buckets for shock clearance. So angled bracket with the mc bar, or just the mc bar?

One more thing, I searched but couldn't really come up with it. The ucf low pro won't work with the 32rh correct? So instead I'll need to get a mml? I'm aiming to gather my parts and do the tt, sye, and track bars all at once

Unread 10-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
cloakedwillys
Vendor

Our rear track back is designed not to run with a rear bracket. It is designed to bolt into the stock mounts and has the correct rotation for a CV driveline.
facebook.com/metalcloak
cloakedwillys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Sweet. Thanks. I can get this ball rolling now. When is mc gonna offer a tt skid
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Isn't the bracket supposed to be used to prevent the track-bar from binding when rotated at an extreme degree from a lift and tummy tuck? I was under the impression that a bracket had to always be used unless you change where the brackets are welded onto the axle.
afusco1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

An adjustable bar can "swivel/rotate" where the jam nut is, which will help keep from binding. I was just unsure of how much it would actually compensate for the axle being rotated.
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakedwillys View Post
Our rear track back is designed not to run with a rear bracket. It is designed to bolt into the stock mounts and has the correct rotation for a CV driveline.
How much rotation? With a lift and a TT he's probably going to have more rotation than the average setup out there. I'm guessing he'll still need the angled bracket.
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

I'd like to be sure, maybe I'll just get the bracket from summit. If I don't need it they will let me return it. I'll be sitting around 3.25" lift in the rear, and with a tt, it would be a pretty steep angle.

Edit: on a side note, if I decided to go ahead and do the tt, how long can I run without the rear shaft? I'm starting a new job soon, and ill have limited time I can be down without my jeep. I ran like that in my yj for a few months, but that could have led to the cad axle fork breaking
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The mega short sye would be a good idea as well.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Is it absolutely necessary? After buying 2 track bars, a pair of springs, sye/cv, tt, Novak shifter, and other little things, I'm gonna be tapped out
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post
Is it absolutely necessary? After buying 2 track bars, a pair of springs, sye/cv, tt, Novak shifter, and other little things, I'm gonna be tapped out
Your 3.25" lift in the rear is combo of 2" springs and BL? So overall your driveline seeing something like 4.5-5" of lift. SSYE probably not absolutely necessary although definitely a good idea. You'll want to be sure and check for driveshaft bind at full sag of axle.

Oh, and I've driven for months on the front driveshaft including hundreds of miles at highway speed with no problems.
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
cloakedwillys
Vendor

I get what a lot of you guys are used to with aftermarket track bars. The rear track bar we make will not work with the bracket. We designed it for a 3.5" lift that makes use of every inch of travel you can get out of a short arm and doen not use a bracket. He will sit about the same angle wise as our tj that has our 3.5" lift.

sent from phone
facebook.com/metalcloak
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
He will sit about the same angle wise as our tj that has our 3.5" lift.
It is definitely possible that your TB will work without a bracket for him, but this statement can't be right. His driveshaft will be at the equivalent of 4.5-5" of lift which equals higher angle at ride height (and greater rotation of the axle). That's a fact independent of what trackbar or bracket he does or doesn't run.
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
cloakedwillys
Vendor

I did miss the amount of lift that he said he had at first. It will work without the bracket. He will have issues if he adds the bracket because he will have too much correction. We know that our track bar will work with a 4.5" lift that has a CV driveline. We have LJ that we took with us to offroad expo that is running a UCF tt and our full suspension system. No issues.

sent from phone
facebook.com/metalcloak
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We have LJ that we took with us to offroad expo that is running a UCF tt and our full suspension system. No issues.
Again, your track bar may work for him without the bracket, but using an LJ as proof of that isn't 100% accurate. The LJ will have a longer rear driveshaft so with equivalent total lift (SL + TT) less angle on the driveshaft and less axle rotation.
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Sorry, no it will be all springs. So 3.25"+1"bl. Maybe I'll get the bracket jic. If anything I'll drive with the front until I get it sorted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.