Trackbar for Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trackbar for Rubicon

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
mpd2434
2014 JK Wrangler 

Trackbar for Rubicon

OK I've read just about every post and review about track bar brackets but i'm no closer to buying one now then before. I'm running an OME 2.5" lift with front 1.5" spacer and a 1.25" body lift. What track bar will work with my minimal amount of lift and not hit my front Dana 44? I was looking at the Currie HD recommended by Jerry but will that work with the Dana 44?

mpd2434 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd2434 View Post
OK I've read just about every post and review about track bar brackets but i'm no closer to buying one now then before. I'm running an OME 2.5" lift with front 1.5" spacer and a 1.25" body lift. What track bar will work with my minimal amount of lift and not hit my front Dana 44? I was looking at the Currie HD recommended by Jerry but will that work with the Dana 44?
Use the link in my signature to click open Savvy's website. Call Gerald. He'll know (and if by off chance he doesn't, Blaine will). Or PM him the question. His username's Savvy here on the forum.

Either way, you've made a wise decision going with a Currie track bar vs. any other brand.
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
mpd2434
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ok thanks for the help
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
_N8_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I run the Currie CE-9120TJS on my Rubicon w/ 4" lift & it's not hitting my D44's ARB diff cover.
| 03 TJ Rubi | Stock locked D44's | OME 4" springs | RE Super-Flex arms | 1.25" BL | 35" MTZ's on Rock Crawlers | Currie HD tracbar | Custom engine/tranny skid | Skid Row steering box skid | Pro-Comp front bumper | TG rear tire carrier bumper | 8,000lb CE winch | Hard & soft tops | Full & half doors |
[/size]
_N8_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i really like my Clayton..
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

the currie will need 2" bumpstop extension to clear, the clayton,..... even more to clear the tie rod.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
mpd2434
2014 JK Wrangler 

This is what I mean, it's so confusing as to what will work and what won't or what else you have to install to make them work.
Unread 06-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This is what I mean, it's so confusing as to what will work and what won't or what else you have to install to make them work.
Lets put it this way.... if you have 33" tires without a BL, or 15.5" collapsed length shocks, or both, you need 2" bumpstop extensions anyhow, which means it and a few other aftermarket track bars will work using a stock diff cover.
less collapsed shock length than 15.5" require less bumpstop extension, so if you use more extension than you need you loose articulation and an adjustable track bar will hit your diff cover.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
mpd2434
2014 JK Wrangler 

OK well I have 33's with 2.5 OME susp. lift, 1.25" body lift, and 1" MML. The shocks were the stock OME's that came with the springs. Is this setup Ok for these trackbars? I'm new to this so please bear with me.
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
OK well I have 33's with 2.5 OME susp. lift, 1.25" body lift, and 1" MML. The shocks were the stock OME's that came with the springs. Is this setup Ok for these trackbars? I'm new to this so please bear with me.
N66 or N66L up front?

N67 or N67L out back?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-20-2010, 05:18 AM   #11
mpd2434
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have N66L's and N67L's. What do you think of the Bomb Proof Track Bar and Bracket from Rock Krawler? It looks pretty HD. I'm going to order my Track Bar on Monday and with all the negative posts about them hitting the Diff.
(especially with the Dana 44) and overall poor reviews of different brands, it makes it extremely hard to choose one for my setup. Oh by the way in my previous post I forgot to mention I also have a 1.5" coil spacers on the front springs. Thanks
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

the n66L's up front must have at least 2" bumpstop extension to keep the shock from bottoming out. the n67L I can't exactly tell you due to the changes pinion angle shock relocators and BPE's can create, I can say tho the rears will need around 3+" of extension.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Tags
track bar , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.