Track bar rebuild, front - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Track bar rebuild, front

Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-31-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
Jeepfangle
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Track bar rebuild, front

Hey everyone. Is there a way to rebuild the upper frame end of a front track bar? Where do you get the parts? I suspect a pickle fork will trash it and it's boot. I can't get a tierod remover in there and turn its pin. It has to come off to press in a bushing on the axle end.
Thanks all.

Jeepfangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
Fingers302
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hmm... Not sure about rebuilding it, but we just replaced the bushing in the other end and the boot on the end you speak of. It seemed very tight even after 100k so we didnt replace it. To get it off, we simply unscrewed the nut to the top to protect the threads and used the BFH. It popped right off. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

"You can have things, or you can have kids, but you cant have kids and things because they will rat your sh*t!"

06 LJ Rubicon, OME HD springs, 2" spacers front, 1.5" spacer rear, Bilstein 5100s, Currie Anti-Rock on front, Currie control arms, 315/75 Coopers, UFC Ultra Clearance TT and Engine skids, in aluminum of course ;), bumpers and winch....Oh, and a pool ball shifter. That's good for at least 5 more hp....at the crank at least.

Support your local chapter of the Nam Knights Motorcycle Club

[QUOTE=sanmy1412;14062467]
I got home late last night and was just playing with it a bit .... took it out and it was noticeably stiffer ... my hand actually got tired from the effort[/QUOTE]
Fingers302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.