Towing a TJ without a tranny/ tcase - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Towing a TJ without a tranny/ tcase

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Towing a TJ without a tranny/ tcase

Been lurking for awhile, but now I must humbly throw myself at ya'lls mercy. I am in the process of replacing my clutch (2004 TJ 4.0), and to be honest I give up. It's 98,000,000 degrees now in Texas and my fun has run out. So the point I am at is, the tranny/ t case are completely removed. The engine still has a jack under it.

The question; is it safe to have it towed to a shop? If so what method would u suggest; flat, roll back, hook, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I just didnt want to damage the engine by having it unsupported.

Usmcmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would get it towed on a roll back. Your engine will be fine being supported by the motor mounts. You don't really have much of a choice unless you want to put everything back in. If you have AAA, give them a call and they'll take care of you no problem.
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch , towing

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.