Towing with a modified TJ? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Towing with a modified TJ?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #31
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEEEWP View Post
I have 32" tires and haul a 3000 pound, 19' ski boat. (it has a 3.5L merc V6 in it)

The only trouble with fishtailing is when you have too much weight in the back of the trailer.

I have no trouble braking but i also put in ceramic brake pads. i believe the wangler is rated for 3K pounds, and 5k if you an LJ, right?

drive smart and your alright, also, a weight distribution hitch would go a long way in a vehicle with a short wheel base. (to add stability not capacity)

Oh i have been denied at uhaul, with the hardtop on too...
TJ is 2,000 pounds and LJ is 3,500 pounds.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.