Total loss for ideas! Anyone with deep knowledge?q - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Total loss for ideas! Anyone with deep knowledge?q

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 03-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
Sparkyman2000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
That didn't fix anything, it helped identify what needs to be fixed...
If that, depending on what he unplugged the ECM is now using preset parameters for air, fuel, spark and timing instead of using other inputs and outputs of sensors. Still could be another problem.

Unread 03-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #17
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofiveLO View Post
"Fixed" my problem until I get around to replacing it
Quote:
X2

I had the same thing going on for a couple months and replaced an tested just about everything. One day I unplugged the o2 sensor.... I haven't plugged it in since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyman2000 View Post
If that, depending on what he unplugged the ECM is now using preset parameters for air, fuel, spark and timing instead of using other inputs and outputs of sensors. Still could be another problem.
He unplugged the O2 sensor and the PCM is running in open loop...
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #18
twofiveLO

Its not my DD so I haven't lost any sleep over it. I'll replace it when I replace it.

He was asking for help and I replied. What I do with my oxygen sensors in my free time is no one's business but my own. I apologize for offending anyone. Back to the topic at hand.
twofiveLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #19
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofiveLO
What I do with my oxygen sensors in my free time is no one's business but my own.
Then you shouldn't have posted it. Don't get butt hurt because you've been called out for a shotty "fix" you were suggesting to the OP, which you now claim is just 'temporary', and does nothing to help the OP in the long run.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
twofiveLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert
Then you shouldn't have posted it. Don't get butt hurt because you've been called out for a shotty "fix" you were suggesting to the OP, which you now claim is just 'temporary', and does nothing to help the OP in the long run.
This is a technical forum not a social networking site. Get over it troll.
twofiveLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #21
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
You are correct, it is a technical forum and should have proper repair info in it, not rednecked up "fixes".

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
After 4 months and 27 posts, you're calling me the troll? Trolls don't last 6 years or get 1640 posts on a tech forum.

That is all. Carry-on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
You are correct, it is a technical forum and should have proper repair info in it, not rednecked up "fixes".
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
aschubert

Replaced faulty elec. Oil press. Sensor with mechanical...love it..peace of mind...60 when running, 25 to 40 at idle.. NOW..got a oem upstream o2 sensor, will be putting in tonight...jeep mechanic spent 30 mins with me just talking today and basically pointed at the upstream o2 sensor as many of you have...he said my 97 will rarely throw a code for upstream sensor....will update! Thanks for all the replies. If I lick this, I got one great jeep given all the testing I have done and she has passed!
aschubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
williambmac

2005 LJ Wrangler 

hooking up a scan tool and checking your short and long term fuel trims would have told you right away that you have an o2 sensor problem.
I would suggest using o.e. only sensors, stay away from the aftermarket junk.
good luck.
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
aschubert

Replaced upstream o2 sensor, new autolite plat plugs, oil change.....WHAT THE....RUNS HORRIBLE! Like it was missing on two cylinders...online spark tester revealed nothing...threads suggest learning curve for PCM..doubt it.....THEN...found thread on automate plat. Plugs...NEVER USE THEM EVER EVER EVER..put my old fouled plugs in...ALL PROBLEMS ARE GONE....so I had a bad upstream sensor, never threw codes...without the forum I never would have found that in decent time, and I would never have known the autolite plats sucked..can't thank forum and members enough! She run great..gonna replace those dirty plugs tomorrow still...I'd have a barbecue foe you all if I could! Thanks, my Jeep brothers! Wooooo HOOOOO!!!!!
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
aschubert

"inline" tester...hate iPad autocorrect...
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #27
aschubert

Dang it, autolite...got me again...

Tags
poor fuel mileage , rough idle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.