Torque Shaft Bushing and Vibration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Torque Shaft Bushing and Vibration

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
tjwhlr00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Torque Shaft Bushing and Vibration

Well the problem started a couple weeks ago (2-3), knocking under the floor pan nothing bad just annoying and after research I was pretty positive it was the Torque Shaft Bushing. Most everything I read said its not harmful to leave unfixed for the time being, so I did, I've been waiting on the part to arrive.

This week still no part, but I began to get a vibration pretty intense (steering wheel) when going through 2nd gear (so its low speed), that has gotten worse and worse and is in sync with the knocking at the floor. This is where my question comes in, is it possible that the torque shaft is causing this as well or just coincidence.

I've done research to see what else this could be... Front driveshaft was rebuilt less than 4 months ago, the rear got new u-joints in September. No vibration unless its under load and the sound of the knocking increases based on the torque from the engine (increasing load).

I know this topic has been covered numerous times, yes I've used the search as well as other forums, it just seems strange that the vibration and the knocking go hand in hand, but the knocking started first.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for the help.

tjwhlr00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anytime a part starts going bad and is left un-fixed it will get worse until it breaks and takes other stuff with it. Fix the issue before it becomes a major fix
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
tjwhlr00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

"I've been waiting on the part to arrive."

Still wondering if the vibration is caused by the torque shaft or if I have another issue..
tjwhlr00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would assume its same issue. Pull front shaft then rear just to cancel those out
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.