top replacement- options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > top replacement- options

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineLabor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
paroxysym
2007 WK 

top replacement- options

hey guys- it seems the time has come to replace the ol' top. i took it to an upholstery shop yesterday to see if they could fix what was going wrong with it- $250 for it. the drivers side upper only has one operational zipper, the heat seal is coming undone and the rear zipper has pulled away from the top alittle... so to repair those problems and go over the whole top for current/possible upcoming problems and fixing them- cost me $250... but im polishing a turd and who knows how long it will hold out.

now the problem is i dont plan on keeping this thing much longer than maybe sept. this year, at the latest. is it justifiable to buy a whole new top? i was looking at the rugged ridge replacement, which is kinda cheap- but im under the impression that you get what you pay for and that it will eventually let loose before i sell it. putting a new top on will not increase resale value, well maybe alittle- but not enough to justify it. bestop sailcloth replacement is around $710 shipped... so its not a small replacement. i was also thinking of going with a viking possibly.

what would you recommend i do? the rear zipper kinda prohibits me from dropping the top.... any suggestions? comments?

Unread 03-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #2
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe it's not my place to say because I have not seen them in person, but I have not heard great things about the rugged ridge stuff on this forum.

I just ordered a viking top today. vikingoffroad.com

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
paroxysym
2007 WK 

ttt.......
Unread 03-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
shawnsix66
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just replaced my top with teh Pavement Ends Reply and it worked out really nice for teh price. it was just a skin kit and it was like $350 with shipping. It fit very nice and I have had no issues with it at all. It was no to expensive and will last for the time you will need it.
31/10.5 BFG Mud Terrains, AEM Brute Force Intake, Power Aid Throttle, 21 lbs Injectors, Banks Shorty Header, Magnaflow High Flow CAT, Magnaflow CAT Back Exhaust, Rampage SRS Front Bumper and Rear Recover Bumper
shawnsix66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.