top issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > top issues

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

top issues

so as it says i have a 97 tj with a hard top and it also came with a brand new bikini type top but it goes from window all the way back full length of jeep and stops as roll bars start to bed in rear.

My question is after searching through many diff tops and bikini tops and so on i can find what im looking for, nor do i even know if they make anything.

I have a 3 year old who sits passenger rear so when i take hard top off and doors off and put on the canvas top i currently have that covers entire top im looking for some type of side canvas or cargo net style something that would sort of take place of where rear window is to cut down just a lil on the wind in his face. He loved having all windows down and back window open in my supercrew but the jeep will be completely different.

So am i looking for something that doesn't exist or is their anything that might help just a lil.

bfc4lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check out spiderweb shades...they have all kinds of configurations including side webs.

Your other top is typically called "safari" top. What is typically called a "bikini" is like your safari, but only covers the front seats.

http://www.spiderwebshade.com/
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Let him ride up front.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info on spider products and even though he's 3 he's very tall and 60lbs but im just scared to have his highback booster seat in front being doors will be off.
After i made post and was doing more searching i found out it was called a safari top and yea i feel dumb asking most of the questions i ask on here but this is my first wrangler other then a cj7 that was leafs and v8 and lifted when i got it so completely different beast. It's hard but im learning alot of this slang and terms used on here but im very new and also only building a pavement pounder so i've had a few people talk to me like im sofa king we todd it.... but thank you guys very much for the info.
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Nitronitty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

nice.

thanks for the spidershade link was looking for an option without a header channel

Nitty
Nitronitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronitty View Post
thanks for the spidershade link was looking for an option without a header channel

Nitty
yup those are cool and some guys make their own setups for very little money, with some garden mesh, a grommet maker and bungees.
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Nitronitty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah

I'm sure I hadn't thought that creatively yet LOL . . . I guess I was just a bit excited that there was a good option other than purchasing a header channel. Easy on, easy off. That is my favorite thing about this kind of set up

Interesting, I wonder if its possible to leave this setup on and still put up the soft top over it? looks possible.

Nitty
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes that is absolutely doable.
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Nitronitty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

nice.

I'll pick one of those up next week

they even have other colors but I' think I'll stick with black
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
bfc4lulu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well i stripped mine, put on header and safari top and love the spider products but not sure their going to stop any wind what so ever. Im also looking in to moving car seat in to middle of back seat, attaching some brackets in back and making his seat a 5 point harness not only for safety but seems like less wind in direct middle.

Anyone know if their would be less wind without the safari on at all? seems like doors gone pulls tons of wind through there and right back each side but middle is better. Im knew to this jeep and kid things so i guess ill learn as i go but i absolutely love this no doors and hard top. I need to move somewhere i can run this year round ( id live fine here ) with out my son *****ing it's cold or windy. He's loving the sunny 70's with lil wind now though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.