Tj of the year contest 2011!! Vote now!! The contest has started!! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Vote for Your 2011 TJoTY
REDLYNER 137 23.87%
ih8pepl 45 7.84%
cotton_4x4 56 9.76%
DaFuzz 23 4.01%
aw12345 13 2.26%
Stu Olson 36 6.27%
Allgood_73 12 2.09%
ryanwhiteaker 81 14.11%
NashvilleTJ 50 8.71%
indyrubi 33 5.75%
Hoovail 33 5.75%
CVD 55 9.58%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Tj of the year contest 2011!! Vote now!! The contest has started!!

Welcome to the TJ of the Year Contest for 2011!!!

We have had another wonderful year and I want to thank yall for your participation in this contest. I hope we will have an epic battle to close out the year, and I look forward to next years contest (who knows, maybe I will enter my piece at some point)...

Rules of the game are the same, if you want or need to read them please click here

There are a few very important announcements that you all need to read:

1)Do NOT post anything in this thread until you see 36 pictures. Count them before you post.

2)This voting poll will be closed on December 23rd. I want this contest to be noticed, so please crawl it and vote vote vote. I want to see at least 500 votes and as close to 50 crawls as we can get. If you want to go that extra mile, put "VOTE FOR THE TJ OF THE YEAR HERE" in your sig with a link to this thread.

3)I am still debating calendars. I will see what I can do but if I end up not being able to make them a fellow JF member has already informed me that he would take on the duty himself. There will be a thread with more info on them at a later date, so be on the lookout for them.

4) I have been in contact with a few vendors and they have been gracious enough to donate some prizes for the participants...Prizes will be awarded as follows:
-The TJ of the Year winner will receive a prize package from Poison Spyder Customs courtesy of Dusty and Larry. The package includes their Interior Accessory Mega-Pack (Poison Spyder Interior Accessory Mega-Packs comes with the following items: Poison Spyder Bombshell Keychain, Poison Spyder Grab Handles (2), Poison Spyder Fire Extinguisher Holder, Poison Spyder Flashlight Holder, Poison Spyder Light Duty Ratchet Straps (2)) along with a $100 gift certificate to Poison Spyder

-The 1st Runner Up will receive a $100 gift certificate to Savvy Offroad courtesy of Gerald

-The 2nd Runner Up will receive a $100 gift certificate to Rough Country courtesy of Jeffrey

-Additionally, the top 3 will all receive 1 year premium memberships courtesy of Keith

Don't forget to crawl this!

If there is anything else I forgot, I will post it as an announcement. Otherwise, here is your 2011 TJ OF THE YEAR CONTEST!!!

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

JANUARY: REDLYNER

Name: Jay- Charlotte, NC
User name: REDLYNER
Vehicle: 00 TJ

Mods:

Engine: 4.0 with CAI.

Transmission: Stock.

Transfer case: Tera SYE, Tera Belly Up.

Suspension: Stretched to 100.5" Wheelbase on FOX Coilovers. Custom Clayton Long Arm stretch. Profender Airbumps

Rear axle: Rubicon 44 rear w 30 spline Alloy USA shafts, ARB locker, Alloy 4.88 R&P, Rock Crusher cover, disc brakes.

Front axle: Rubicon 44 front w 30 spline Alloy USA shafts, ARB locker, Alloy 4.88 R&P, Currie steering, RE Trackbar, Currie Anti-Rock, VANCO Big Brake Kit.

Rims/tires: Raceline 17x9.5 Aluminum beadlocks with 37x12.5 r17 Pitbull Radial Rockers.

Armor: SniperFab Rear Comp Cut corners with 3" flare, TNT Customs front tube fenders w 3" flare, SniperFab rock sliders, Poison Spyder Customs Roll Cage.

Bumpers: Front Poison Spyder Trail Stinger w M8000 Warn winch, rear Gen-Right.

Seats: Mastercraft Baja RS race seats with Mastercraft 5 point harnesses.

Story:

Built daily driver, rock crawler, race rig, show vehicle. I have had more fun trying to make this a truly "do-all" rig than I ever could have imagined. This jeep is driven around town every single day. But is built and absolutely abused on the rocks nearly every other weekend, then to top it off we are now offroad endurance racing it! All to be sanded, painted, and waxed after each trip to be ready to show on Sundays.

My wife and I run between 20 and 25 trails per year with most of them being private rock parks in the South. However, since changing the direction of the build to handle more high speed challenges, we have now added racing to it's menu. In 2011 we ended up with around 22 offroad trail runs and 2 races (4th and 5th place finishes). It has now been to trails and rock parks in 7 states (AL, CO, UT, NC, SC, KY, TN) with plans of adding several new states to that list next year.

Each trip we evaluate how the jeep performed and how it could be better, then my wife helps me decide on the specific mods that would get us over that obstacle or around the race course faster the next time around. I couldn't be happier with how the TJ is turning out. It will drive 75 mph on the street or the offroad track and after a loooong day of getting beat on, is still a comfortable rig to run out to the grocery store in.

FEBRUARY: ih8pepl

ih8pepl

Name: Dan Krok

Username: ih8pepl

Jeep: 2006 LJ Rubicon Rubitrux

Mods (optional): ARB Bullbar Bumper, ARB Rear Tire Carrier Bumper, Rockhard Rockerguards, AEV "Brute" Top, AEV Heat Reduction Hood, ARB Safari Snorkel, Rubicon Express 3.5" lift, JKS 1.25"Body Lift, Rokmen Adjustable JJ Control Arms, 35" Goodyear MT/R Kevlars, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF 968 Windsheild mounted lights, IPF900X Driving Lights. ProComp rims powder coated black.

Story (optional): I sold my 1982 Delorean project car - lol talk about a money pit! After dealing with a car that had hard to find parts an limited use... I went a totally different way. I always loved jeeps and began reading here on Jeepforum. I quickly decided the Jeep was for me. I liked the community, the wide variety parts availble and the capibility of the Jeep. I decided on my 2006 LJ Rubicon Rubitrux (something a little different). Turns out its a money pit, but I think I get a lot of enjoyment for the $

MARCH: cotton_4x4

Name: Eddy Cotton
Username: cotton_4x4

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
-4.0L
-AX15
-NP231 with AA SYE and Tattons Custom CV Driveshaft
-Came with Dana 30 and Dana 35 with 3.55's, swapped in a Rear Dana 44 out of a 01 TJ and a Dana 30 out of an 04 LJ with 3.73's. HP 30 and 4.56 gears waiting to go in.
-BTF Heavy Duty Lower Control Arm Brackets
-35x12.50xR15 Goodyear Kevlars
-Pro Comp Flat Black Rock Crawler Rims
-Custom K&N Cold Air Intake
-Sanden OBA Converstion
-4" Pro Comp Springs
-Rubicon Express SuperFlex Upper Control Arms
-ROKMEN Dual JJ Lower Control Arms
-1" Currie Body Lift
-AA Transfer Case Relocation Bracket
-Undercover Fab Ultra High Clearance Skid
-ROKMEN Steering Box Skid
-ROKMEN Corner Armor
-Superlift Front Adjustable Track Bar
-RC Rear Adjustable Track Bar
-Kilby Gas Tank Skid
-Bilstein 5100's
-Poison Spyder Front Tube Fenders
-BTF Front Bumper
-WARN 8000i Winch
-Custom Rear Tire Carrier and Bumper
-Hanson Rocker Guards
-Rampage Fastback Soft Top
-Cobra CB
-Dash LED Conversion
-OTRATTW Switches
-Relocated Upper Rear Spring Perches
-JK Front Turn Signals

Future Mods:
-Cage
-HP D30
-4.56's or 4.88's

-ARB's
-Rear Tube Fenders
-Outboarded Rear Shocks

Story:
-Bought this Heep off craiglist back in July of 08 after it had been totaled. The front was smashed in to the engine block, the front axle was bent, there was some serious damage to the rear passenger tub and overall it was in rough shape. Bought the jeep sight on seen and had no idea if the frame was bent or if the engine had any serious problems. Got the heep back home and started gather parts to put it back together. My goal with this build was to do it on a budget and get as many things used as possible and sell off any un-used parts I could to recoup some of the costs. I worked every night after work in the parking lot of my apartment into the late night hours and had it running and drivable within a month. (Thanks to my buddy Evan for all his help and helping me install the front axle in the parking lot in the middle of a rain storm) After it was running and drivable it has been a constant build with adding mods here and there in between wheeling trips to Moab and around Colorado. It has been a great rig that has brought much joy and adventure to my family and I.

Thanks for looking!

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/h...-build-665501/

APRIL: DaFuzz

Name: Jerad Miller
Username: DaFuzz

Mods:

Rattlebomb OD paint job
Metalcloak Overline Fenders (4" flares currently on order)
Rokmen aluminum corner armor
Rokmen Mercenary sliders
Warn M8000 winch
Rokmen CA's
Tatton's CV rear DS
Spartan locker for the D30
D44 rear
Currie Currentlync steering
Bilstein 5100's all around
Swag Offroad tailgate armor (currently on order)
Advance Adapters SYE
Undercover Fab LoPro tranny mount
Undercover Fab engine/tranny skid (steel)
Undercover Fab Ultra High Clearance 1" transfer case skid (steel)
Brown Dog 1" MML (poly)
Daystar 1" BL
Tuffy console
Currie Anti-Rock
modifiied Smittybuilt stinger
Advance Adapters TC shifter bracket
JK turn signals
Genright LED backup lights
billet grill inserts
Spiderweb sunshade
Hi-Lift jack and hood mounts
Spartan locker for the D30
Currie Currentlync steering
Bilstein 5100's all around
Swag Offroad tailgate armor (currently on order)
Wounded Warrior Project supporter sticker
Subdued American flag sticker
35x12.50x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains
15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II's painted black

This is my bucket of bolts boyz, hence the name of the build. She was in need of much love when I bought her. She sported a hideous silver/black paintjob that was peeling off at every corner, a worn out Rough Country lift, 168k on the odometer and various jank components. But the price was right and it enabled me to immediately jump into modifying the rig without having to worry about molesting good paint or sheet metal. I rattlebombed her OD green then started throwing parts at her as fast as the budget would allow. It's still a work in progress (I'm about to finish stage 1 of the build) but it performs great as it sits. This is my DD and as such it is purpose built. Nothing too crazy, for now :-), just solid parts from solid vendors who I would have never heard of if not for Jeep Forum. I owe everything this Jeep is and will become to this site. Feel free to visit my build on this forum to see the whole transformation.

MAY: aw12345

Art Wagner

aw12345

A Jeep called Tinker Toy
2004 tj
Started out as wrecked and Total loss TJ that I got minus axles and transfercase and a Tub that was all bend to heck.

Axles

Front 1979 Ford Dana 60 HP with Chevy outers, arb locker , 35 spline outer shafts and Ruffstuff diff cover.

Rear Chevy 14 bolt shaved 1 ", arb locker 5.38 gears and Ballistic diff cover, Ruffstuff pinion yoke skid.

2.4L engine, stock transmission

Steering gear from a 1997 TJ drilled and tapped for steering assist.

PCS powersteering pump and auxiliary steering ram.

Atlas 5:1, 2 speed transfercase

Thick wall tubing Tom Woods drive shafts with Spicer 1350 U joints

Trail ready beadlocks with 39.5 Pitbull tires

Warn 9000lbs winch with in cab control

Cutting brakes

Homemade aluminum flat belly engine and trans skid, nothing hangs below the frame rails.

Home made long arm/ midarm suspension, with the front lower arms Frenched into the frame rails.

Modified front frame rails, to make room for enough uptraver for the Dana 60

Suspension has all Currie Johnny joints arms are made of 2" DOM 1/4" wall thickness.

All brackets, links and truss are made by me nothing is store bought.

14" reservoir king coil overs all the way around.

Rear Currie Anti rock.

111" wheel base, 7" stretch in the front, 10" stretch in the rear.

Home made roll cage of my own design, my first tube bending project.

Home made Hiline tube fenders.

Home made, rockers and rear corners.

York on board air, with 5 gallon air tank and home made mounting bracket for compressor.

Ballistic Hi steerarms, with home made double sheer brackets and home made DOM thick wall steering linkage

Jeep took 11 months of all my free time and vacation time to built.

Has been completed for 7 weeks and in that time it has run the following Hammer trails without breakage,
Clawhammer, Chocolate Thunder, Jack Hammer, Jack Hammer North, Outer Limits, Sledge Hammer, Upper Sledge Hammer, Sun Bonnet, Turkey Claw, Wrecking Ball. No breakage at all on any of these runs, just some minor bugs to work out once I got home from the trail runs. So far this Jeep has far exceeded my expectations as to it's capabilities.

Built thread

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/l...r-toc-1194198/

Pics

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #3 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

JUNE: Stu Olson

Name: Stu Olson
Username: Stu Olson

Mods:
2001 XJ AW-4 automatic transmission
4.56 differential gears
Dana 30 w/ARB Air Locker
Dana 44 w/ARB Air Locker
Toys by Troy Alumi-flex long arm suspension w/ Skyjacker springs
1" Performance Accessories body lift
TeraFlex Low 4:1 transfer case gears ~ 70:1 crawl ratio
TeraFlex 2LO
Warn 5 x 4.5" D30 hub conversion
Alloy USA D30 chromoloy inner axle shafts
1" Currie motor mounts
Hi-flow PS pump
D44 Rear Disc Brakes
Vanco Big Brake Kit
Viking Offroad fastback soft top
Right Channel Radio Offroad CB
Tom Wood double cardan drive shafts, front and rear
Advanced Adapters HD SYE kit
35"x12.5" Maxxis Trepador tires
8" custom beadlock wheels
Toys by Troy true-crossover Alumi-flex steering
Rancho RS-9000 shocks
Bulldog 10K winch
Toys by Troy Sports Bar
Toys by Troy Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier
Extreme Outback ExtremeAire OBA
CO2 OBA system
Toys by Troy rocker protectors
Toys by Troy corner guards
Alloy USA D44 chromoly axle shafts
Warn 2500s suck down winch
12VoltGuy winch controller
sPOD switch panel
Safari Straps Cage Nets
Tomken steering box brace
O-R Fab D-30 axle truss
O-R Fab lower control arm armour
Toys by Troy front bumper
6061 aluminum engine skid
Jim Piatt hood lift
Toys by Troy diff guards
ORO dual-rate sway bar
Custom rear shock towers
Toys by Troy custom exhaust
Tough Stuff paint protectors
Kwan Motorsystems throttle winch controller (TWC)
Toys by Troy aluminum gas tank skid
Vanco Hydroboost Brake Upgrade
Hayden power steering cooler
Toys by Troy side sliders
B&M aluminum stacked plate 12V auto transmission cooler
12VoltGuy custom switch panel
The Source electrical distribution

Pictures:

JULY: Allgood_73

Name:
Dustin Delgado

Username:
Allgood_73

Mods (optional):
1" Daystar BL KJ04508BK
Novak #SK3X-R Shifter Assembly
1" Brown Dog Ultra-Flex Rubber MML (CU2883-1)
Clayton Off Road 4" Long Arm Lift Kit (PD-TJ40)
Currie Currectlync Heavy Duty Tie Rod and Drag Link System (CE-9701)
Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar Kit
Eld Man Emu (OME) SD40 Steering Stabalizer
Rubicon Express (RE) Rear Extended Sway Bar End Links RE1155
Custom Exhaust
Tom Wood's CV/Double Cardan Drive Shaft
ROKMEN Steering Skid Plate (Black Powder Coat)
Warn Grille Guard Tube 61855
Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper 61853
Warn Winch Mounting Plate 37170
Warn Rock Crawler Rear Bumper 65508
Warn Tire Carrier 64337
Under Cover Fabworks UCF 1/4" Carbon Steel Deep-Cover Skid Plate System (Ultra High-Clearance) with LOPRO Transmission Mount (Rubber Bushing)
Line-X Premium Throughout Tub
Riddler Differential Covers
MetalCloak Overline Tube Fender + Powder Coat
MetalCloak Extended Corner Guards + Powder Coat
MetalCloak 6" Front Flare + Powder Coat
MetalCloak 6" Rear Flare + Powder Coat
MetalCloak Rocker Rail + Powder Coat
Rusty's Offroad Radiator Skid Plate
Trail Ready Baja Style Beadlock Wheels with Rock Ring 15x12, 3-5/8" Backspacing, 5x5.5 Bolt Pattern
Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar 35X12.5R15
Spidertrax 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 Wheel Adapters
Cobra 75WXST CB Radio -
Cobra HG S500 External Speaker
FireStik II 4' Antenna
18' Coax Cable
Procomm JBC989 Bee Hive Mount
FireStik SS3H Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Spring
Teraflex CB Antenna Mount-Left Hand 1912091
In Cab Winch Controller
Switch Installation Kit
Workman EX5 5-Pin CB Microphone Extension
Dome Light Bypass Switch (Kit)
External CB Speaker
KC HiLiTES 7311 Windshield Hinge Light Mount Brackets
Mirror & Bracket
PIAA 5192 510 SMR Series Xtreme White - 55 Watt Driving Lights
PIAA 5291 520 Series - 85 Watt Fog Lights
Custom Electric Garage Hardtop Hoist
MetalCloak Low Profile LED Marker Lights
GCD 5 Pin LED Flasher Relay
Alpine iDA-X305S
Single DIN Radio Dash Adapter (JW-DA0306)
Radio antenna adapter
JL Audio 10W6v2-D4 Subwoofer
JL Audio HD900/5 Amplifier
Kicker KS5.2 Component Set - Front Dash
Kicker KS65.2 component Set - Sound Pods
Custom Sub Enclosure
Warn XD9000i Winch
Warn Synthetic Rope 76300
Warn Neoprene Winch Cover 81761
Smittybilt Comp Series Aluminum Fairlead with XRC logo 2805
Warn Industries 62858 Medium Duty Winching Accessory Kit
Warn Industries 13230 8000-lb Black Tow Hooks
Warn Industries 29312 Receiver Shackle Bracket
Warn Industries 63063 Hitch Pin Kit
TJ Winch Switch with Buttons 2.75
In-cab Winch Controller Install Kit
Hi-Lift Jack Off-Road Base
Hi-Lift Jack X-Treme Jack 48"
Hi-Lift Handle Keeper - Black
Smittybilt 769501 Off Road Organizer
Smittybilt 769541 First Aid Storage Bag
Garmin nvi 1390LMT GPS Navigation
MaxOut 1lb. Fire Extinguisher
Drake Fire Extinguisher Quick Release Mount + Mounting Clips
Hi-Lift Jack Mount For Roll Cage TJ-HLJM
SpiderWebShade SW1 TJ (TrailMesh)

Story (optional):
I bought my completely stock 04 TJ Rubicon not even a year ago (August 2010) and it has been completely transformed since then. It started out as a daily driver, and then as then addiction grew (thanks to being influenced by several top notch rigs on JeepForum), it soon became a trailer queen that would venture across the trails of the south east. This year it has been to 5 trails in just over 2 months and has proven to be one tough and reliable rig. As I move into phase 3 of the build (Dana 60's, 40's, full hydro, stretch, coil overs, etc., etc.), I'm starting to set goals for next year... such as Rattle Rock at Coal Creek... and then make a trip out to Jeeper's Paradise --- Moab! I have some cooler pictures, but these are of the latest run at Golden Mountain with the new Metal Cloak system being put to use.

Pictures:

AUGUST: ryanwhiteaker

Name: Ryan Whiteaker
Username: ryanwhiteaker
Mods (optional):
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport (steel blue)
4.0L Engine
NV3550 Transmission
np241 transfercase
5.5"CLAYTON long arm suspension lift
-rear triangulated 4 link
-rear 6" custom stretch
-front Y link with 1" stretch
-Clayton custom track bar (builder kit)
-Bilstein 12" travel shocks
-3/4" spring spacers in rear
39.5x13.50 IROK's
17x9 Black Rock Steelies
A/C converted onboard air
D44/D60 Hybrid front axle (62.5" WMS)
-F250 D44 housing with 35 spline ARB air locker and 4.88 gears
-D60 35spline shafts(inner and outer)
-SOLID D60 inner C's and knuckles(5x5.5 bolt pattern)
-SOLID high steer arms
-Teraflex high steer axle bracket
-1 Ton HD High steer set up
-35 spline warn premium hubs
GM 14 bolt rear axle (62.3" WMS)
-CLAYTON high clearance bracket kit
-Rock Crusher 5x5.5 hub kit
-Disc brake conversion kit
-Yukon Grizzly locker with 4.88 shaved gears
-Ballistic Fab shave kit + Diff cover
-WFO Concepts Pinion Guard
slip yoke eliminator kit
TOM WOODS front drive shaft
Rear Custom CV drive shaft
Genright rear crossmember
Genright EXT Comp tank (YJ style custom fuel filler)
WARN front custom stubby bumper (Custom as in I took a saw zaw to it)
AtoZ winch plate
WARN rocker guards
WARN steering box skid plate
WARN M8000i winch
bedlined tub
CLAYTON high clearance Tcase and engine/oil pan skid plates
HD clutch kit
K&N cold air intake
SPINTEC exhaust system
TNT ARMOR
-Front HyLine Zeros tube fenders (paint matched + Custom work)
-Rear HyLine Zeros corners (paint matched)
-Body mounted swing out tire carrier
-Custom one off shock hoop kit built to order
PSC HD steering box ported for Hydro assist
chrome headlight bezels and grill inserts
DDM Tuning HID headlight kit
IPF H4 headlight housings
ALPINE head unit, Ipod interface, Sirius and upgraded speakers all around
Mastercraft Rubicon sport seats and harnesses with Synergy harness bar welded in
hardtop, soft top, duster, bikini, safari top
Tuffy Security box in back with risers and divider kit
Custom cut HyLined hood with Rokmen hood pin kit
ORO Lite Dot Tail lights
Optimum Yellow Top Battery
I'M SURE THERE'S PLENTY I AM LEAVING OUT

Story (optional):
My first vehicle was a 95 ZJ 5.2L and ever since then i've been
hooked. Bought a beat down 2.5L YJ after my first deployment and put
in plenty of time, sweat and money before I went to Iraq again and
sold it right after I purchased this 01 TJ. While over seas I created
a build plan to get me on 37's but a month after I got home I totaled
it and decided to just go all out and rebuild it the way I REALLY
wanted it. After about 10 months of buying parts, building, buying
more parts and building more It was finally back on the road. It has
been finished for about a month now and has been going strong! I would
like to thank JeepForum.com as well as my wonderful Fiance for all the
support and time that went into this build. Thank you for considering
my TJ for TJOTM!

Pictures:

SEPTEMBER: NashvilleTJ

NashvilleTJ

Here is my entry for the September TJ of the Month Contest. Thanks for running this month-in and month-out. I always find it interesting.

Jeff (Nashville TJ)

Name: Jeff Doster

Username: NashvilleTJ

Mods:

Model: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Engine: 4.0 I-6
Kenne Bell Supercharger - Intercooled
280 HP / 380 Torque
Tranny: Stock 4-Speed 42RLE
Transfer Case: Atlas 4-Speed (1-1, 2-1, 2.72-1, 5.44-1)
(and you cant beat the 3 shifters)
Suspension: Rubicon Express 5.5 Long Arm
Axles: Dynatrac High Pinion Pro Rock 60s Front and Rear
Gears: 5.38s
Diffs: ARB Air Lockers
Tires: 40 BFG Krawlers
Wheels: 17x9 Poison Spyder - Spyder Lock Beadlocks
Steering: PSC Ram Assist
Brakes: Vanco Hydroboost
Driveshafts: Tom Woods
Seats: Mastercraft Dirt Sports with 5 Point Harnesses
Cage: Poison Spyder
Armor: Gen Right High-Line Tube Fenders
Custom Front Winch Bumper doubles as aux. air tank
Custom Swing Down / Swing Away Tire Carrier
Full Engine/Tranny/Trasfer Case/Gas Tank Skids
Rock Sliders
Other: Custom Cutting Brake
ViaAir On-Board Air with 2 remote tanks
Tuffy Full Drawer Tool Box
In-Cab Winch Control
Warn 9500
Dual Range Sway Bar

Story:

My first car was a brown 1971 Jeep CJ with 33s and a Buick 225 odd-fire V-6 lots of power and with the short wheelbase it would pull the front wheels off the ground. It was a death trap but you dont know that at 16. I have owned a CJ-7 Laredo and two Cherokees since. The wrangler is my 5th jeep. Bought it new in 2005 got a great deal on it as apparently it would not sell because of the color. Its been a constant project ever since. My goal has always been to push it as far to the hardcore side as I could, while keeping it street legal and relatively comfortable. I first put it on 35s, then up to 37s, and then to the 40s on the pro-rock axles. The high lines help keep it fairly low. The supercharger really wakes up the engine and makes it a blast to drive even with the 40s. My favorite place to wheel was Tellico but enough said about that. I beat it up pretty good on the trail (mainly into rocks) but I do take a lot of ribbing because it is pretty.

OCTOBER: indyrubi

Randy Ball aka Indyrubi

Ok here is the run down.

It has been a constant process to get where the jeep is today.

Mods in no particular order

Mastercraft RS Bajas w/5 point harnesss
Rockhard cage
2 sets of Warn SDB 160HB lights
AEM cai
Warn xd9000i winch w/remote control
Warn front bumper
Nth degree tummy tucker skid plate
Custom rear bumper w/swing away tire carrier and cooler rack
LiteDot rear led lights
PSC 8 hydro assist ram
PSC hi-flow pump and reservoir
Power steering cooler
Custom four link in rear
Custom three link w/panhard up front
Modified stock front drive shaft
TomWoods rear drive shaft
ARB air compressor
Currie hi-pinion 9 rear axle set up w/ARB, 4:88s, cromos, 35 spline, custom brackets, stretched about 6
Currie hi-pinion 9 front axle, Detroit locker, 4:88s, 35 spline inners/outers, F450 inner Cs, Chevy BJ knuckles, and custom brackets
MileMarker lock outs
GenRight comp gas tank
King coilovers 2.5 x 16 w/remote reservoir up front
SwayAway 2.0 x 14 air shock out back for now (got king 2.5 x 14 ready to put on)
Trailready steel beadlocks 15x10 5x 5.5
IROK 36x12.5x15 bias plys
No name cb
Poison Spyder front 4 tube fenders
Hi-lined fenders and custom hood
Custom front hoop in front of the grill

The first lift I had was a FabTech 4 lift. It lasted about 1.5 yrs. I sold it and got a FabTech 6 long arm kit. I found that it wasnt really meant to be used hard as I bent all the lower arms, broke both trac bars, etc. Thats when I said screw it and started to remake all those parts. There is only the brackets that weld to the frame that are left out of the 6 kit. Lol

I started racing it in 09. Then it sat in the garage all of 10 because there was no front axle under her.
I have 3-1st, 1-2nd, 2-3rds and 1-4th place finishes for the two seasons that I raced so far. Oh yeah, there are a few DNFs also but whos counting.

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #4 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

NOVEMBER: Hoovail

Name: Christopher Hoover
Username: Hoovail
Mods:
Front Kingpin D60/44 hybrid
Rear D60
ARBs, 5:13s
WB Stretched to 99
Frame shortened by 5
Teralow
40x14.5x17 KM2s
Rear Currie anti-rock
Custom bumpers, steering

Story: This is my 2001 Daily Driver. Aside from the large tires, Im trying to keep it looking somewhat stock, while being capable of some of the toughest trails.
Ive been building this Jeep for about three years, but it will never be done. I always find something else to modify, subtle things to make it more and more capable. I love building it as much as I enjoy wheeling it.

DECEMBER: CVD

Name: Cliff Dell
Username: CVD
Mods (optional):
Stretch:
- Frame stretched 7+
- Pure Jeep tank, custom mounted for more stretch and ground clearance
- 102 wb
Suspension (all custom):
- 3 link front w track bar
- 4 link rear, triangulated
- 28 arms w JJ all around
- 12 Fox shocks, 4 Currie springs
- Currie anti-rock front & rear
Drive Train
- AW4 trans
- JK Rubicon D44s front & rear, Superior shafts, Reid knuckles, front is sleeved, trussed, and gusseted. 5.38 gearing
- 37 MTRs on 17 Racelines
Armor
- Custom flat aluminum engine, trans, & gas skids
- Savvy corner armor, cut for stretch.
- Metal Cloak fenders & flairs (modified for stretch)

Story (optional):
My TJ was very capable (33s, locked front & rear) and I was satisfied with it until 3 things happened. 1) I rode with Robert Yates for an afternoon at JV and discovered how well a Blaine Built suspension can work, 2) I spent time in a friends LJ on steep waterfalls and liked the stability of the longer wb, 3) I spent an afternoon on Sun Bonnet with the Savvy gang (my lack of ground clearance caused me to need winching at least 12 14 times that day).

The rebuild (over the summer of 2011) had two primary objectives, 1) make it very drivable on the street for expedition type trips. I wanted to be comfortable driving 5 hrs on highway to one end of the Mojave Trail, then live out of it for 3 days on the trail. 2) be very capable on JV Hammers.

There were many key decisions as the build progressed, but the major decision was to build it for 35s w my existing TJ D44 and an HP 30, or go to heavier axles and 37s. When Blaine noticed a JK HP D44 in his driveway (belonged to Gerald), that started the ball rolling toward 37s. From that point forward the entire build was designed to accommodate that tire size. Every steering link, control arm, spring perch, shock mount, bump stop, sway bar mount, etc. was built by Blaine for the 37s no more, no less.

Lastly, I wanted it to look somewhat as if it had come from the factory. Thus the aluminum fenders & corner guards were painted body color. The steel flairs and sliders were sprayed black.

Pictures:

Pic 1 explanation rear stretch in-work:
1) cover plate over 7+ frame extension. Note the raised body mount, the 1 body lift puck is gone, more importantly the body mount is 1 further away from rocks.
2) frame arch pushed back, body wheel opening not yet cut
3) JK D44 positioned (control arm mounts, truss, out-boarded shock mounts, etc. not yet in place)
4) Stretch Tank mocked in place. Note the bottom of the tank is the bottom of the frame rail; this is several inches higher than the standard position for this tank. Later, the gas skid was fastened directly to the bottom of the frame
5) The frame rear was chopped off 7+. My old rear bumper is now the rear cross member and it is raised 1 (body lift pucks removed in rear). Great departure angle.

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #5 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

crawled and bumped

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #6 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:12 PM
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome line up!

Hmmmm, who to choose, who to choose...
post #7 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome.

Vote y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your shaft isn't long enough to handle that kind of droop...
2003 TJ Rubicon:

2017 JKU Rubicon:
post #8 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 PM
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, Stu FTMFW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your shaft isn't long enough to handle that kind of droop...
2003 TJ Rubicon:

2017 JKU Rubicon:
post #9 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
4wheelrampage
2005 LJ Wrangler 

All are absolutely beautiful dream rigs. This is awesome
post #10 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Vote for me!

Oh wait.....oh well, vote for somebody. They're all winners.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #11 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

crawl this ****

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #12 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Can a mod please change the title back to all caps like I posted it. I hate the stupid block/censor. Plus this contest should be yelled out. Thanks in advance!

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #13 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 PM
krughzn
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Are you kidding me. This is going to be EPIC. I can't decide yet. Might have to sleep on this one. Good luck to everyone!
post #14 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 PM
04limegreen
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Voted for REDLYNER awesome rig

04 lime green rubicon 35 BFG KM2s, RE LA 4.5", 4.88s, Riddler diff guards, full cage, Corbeau Baja RS seats

Electric Lime Green Jeep Owners #3
post #15 of 252 Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 PM
indyrubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bunch of sweet rigs!!!!! Tough decision. i think ill vote for.......... a yellow one.

Come on and vote ya @#$&*'s!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.