TJ won't shift into 4wd.. Help?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ won't shift into 4wd.. Help?!

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
deerkilla4500
1998 TJ Wrangler 

TJ won't shift into 4wd.. Help?!

Took my 98 TJ 4cyl out wheeling this weekend and it was working great.. 4wd Hi and Lo were working perfectly until the last trail I hit.. Took it in 4 LO to get over a really steep berm, but after I went back over it to get back to the other trails and shifted back into 2wd I couldn't get it to shift into 4wd at all.

I pull the lever back and I can hear the linkage moving (I think it's moving.. it sounds normal regardless) but the lights never come on and I'm definitely stuck in 2wd. It's done this before and I randomly messed with the lever and it eventually fixed itself.. But this time it's not changing at all.

Any ideas?

deerkilla4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
RockMonster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

have you crawled under the jeep and visually inspected the TC linkage for any hang ups?
Unread 08-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
deerkilla4500
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I crawled under, but I don't really know what to look for.. There's nothing obviously disconnected or anything
deerkilla4500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.