Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

TJ Vibration ('03)

701 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  grininmonkey 
#1 ·
Newbie here with a question. I have a, well mywife has, an '03 with 4" lift and 33" tires. This year I have beengoing through and replacing suspension components and fluids. The past weekendmy project was transmission fluid, transfer case fluid and new motor mounts andtransmission mount.

I went with the red prothane mounts for both thetransmission and motor mounts. When I got everything back together I havevibration when taking off from first gear. It isn't noticeable when goingfaster or as your going down the road. Then when I am idled in neutral it isvery noticeable. I am having a hard time telling if the idle condition is stilldriveline or engine vibration. When I rev the engine in neutral it goes away;not sure why when idling the vibration is there or when starting off. Hasanyone experienced this before? I see a lot of articles about this afterinstalling a lift and the only thing I did was refresh components. Would thenew mounts being polyurethane transmit more vibration because of the firmness?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.