TJ Vacuum Lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Vacuum Lines

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Vacuum Lines

Would anybody happen to have a picture or can tell me the location of vacuum lines on a 06 TJ 4.0L ? I think I might have a vacuum line problem. I appreciate your help, thank you.

Unread 02-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

They're "everywhere". They power the power brake booster and go into the dash area where they power the various HVAC control doors. You're just gonna have to kind of look around for them. You can locate a vacuum leak by spraying carb or TB cleaner at all the likely locations on the vacuum line connections while the engine is running. If the cleaner gets sucked into the engine via a leak in one of the vacuum hoses, you will immediately hear an engine RPM fluctuation.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Jerry, I'll give it a shot.
Unread 02-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
fitzz47
2013 JK Wrangler 

06 should be under warr.
Unread 02-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

They can be a pain. My dad used to have cans of smoke for testing fire alarms that would be great for this if someone found a can. No residue, just tape up the intake and spray it in a vaccuum line and see where it comes out.
98 TJ 4.0 Stick 30 Lock-Right/44 True-Track,4.56. Fire RED. Optima Red top. 3" Full Traction lift, Cragar 352 Street locks w/3.75 BS. 32" BFG AT's. Sailcloth top. Classic4x4 tubular fenders. AtoZ Fab rockers and front and rear bumpers. TBT sportsbar and rear spreader. VDP 6 speaker bar. 2K Intake Manifold. Tuffy Speaker lock boxes. Power inverter. Cobra CB. Magellan GPS. Bed lined tub. 3core HD radiator. Olds airbox with Hummer snokle. Besttop seat covers with heaters. All running lights LED.Steering and oil pan skids. Mile Marker PE8000 winch. Currie Anti-Rock. Olympic trunk. Tuffy Console....and Buddha on the winch. :) And a child seat stained with mud.
Hermiston, ORL

AtoZ Where Zach makes me toys!
Stu-Offroad, because I don't have a clue, but Stu does!
cheesycook is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.