TJ Transmission Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Transmission Swap

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
rusty3189
2000 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Transmission Swap

I'm looking into swap a manual transmission over to a automatic transmission. I found a website (Stu's Offroad) that explains in detail how to do the swap out. My problem is the transfer case in my TJ is damaged. I have found a transmission and transfer case out of a '01 Cherokee. I know the transmission is what I need. I just need to know if the transfer case will work with the swap out. It says that the '01Cherokee transfer case has command-trac.

rusty3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
poptarts
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i would love to swap over to a manual. I'm in texas. lol idk what and how hard it would be to swap.
Unread 09-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Jeepsr4me

Transfer case will work. The transmission will need to be redrilled to located the Tcase UP from where it hangs lower in the cherokee.
I have a good 5 speed and T case with SYE on it already. Still in jeep with all the goodies you gonna need. clutch and slave and petals.
You exactly 3.5 hours away... I LOVE AUTOMATICS.
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #4
Snowplow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
The transmission will need to be redrilled to located the Tcase UP from where it hangs lower in the cherokee.
I would like to see the information you have or seen saying the T-Case is clocked different in a cherokee.
Snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 07:49 AM   #5
Jeepsr4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowplow View Post
I would like to see the information you have or seen saying the T-Case is clocked different in a cherokee.
Someone on this site even has a JIG to do it. Hee is some info on it..
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/8...2/#post8619701
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.