TJ Tech BOOT CAMP: A must-read for new TJ owners/forum members - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Tech BOOT CAMP: A must-read for new TJ owners/forum members

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #31
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

from our friends over in the XJ forum, heres a good SYE/CV shaft thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/official-sye-slip-yoke-eliminator-thread-all-read-426483/

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #32
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Nice find! Added.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #33
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

add the gov's TSB list: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr.../tsbsearch.cfm
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #34
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

add nevermonday's Longarm 101 and how to run 35s threads.

also, please add a big flashing neon sign that says the largest tires you can run on a stock TJ is 31x10.50s.
Unread 04-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #35
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe a link on oil pump drive and CPM sensor installation? Do not attempt to rotate oil pump drive to modify ignition timing. http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...nline-six-2000
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #36
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

btt for a good thread.
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #37
LandoCommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This will have a sticky of its own one day!
and not just some link inside of another sticky

Oh the irony.
LandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #38
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoCommando View Post
This will have a sticky of its own one day!
and not just some link inside of another sticky
well if its a stickie, noone will read it
Unread 04-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #39
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Good start! You covered some of the biggies for sure. I don't think you need to put any of that junk about taking criticism with a grain of salt and they don't care what you think yadda yadda...it suddenly makes JF sound like Pirate...we don't need that, do we? Just my two cents.

Some more ideas for you:

Link to Stu's site. I would also say links to all other forums - I know I keep a list - so they can search there as well...but I have found JF automatically strips a lot of those out when you post them for whatever reason...never made sense to me but oh well. I think JF is a jealous biatch. Maybe we can make a list and then post a picture of said list - you can't link from it but they still get the info...would need for a mod to clear it so the ban stick doesn't get swung I guess...

Might be good to suggest that people click on the "Replies" and "Viewed" columns to see the most popular threads with the most replies, etc. Not a bad starting place. There you will easily stumble on threads like the "Mods to Avoid" or "Regrettable Mods" threads, or the "Budget Junkyard Upgrades" thread or the "I made a ___ for my TJ (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)" thread... Actually I would link to those 3 in particular since you mentioned that "What did you do to your TJ today" thread which, of course, is the most replied on thread out there.

Some ideas for links to threads about:

1. Header replacement - since it will pretty much happen for everyone (pre 2000?)... - A header thread - Another...
2. Winches - A good Winch thread - Another good Winch thread
3. Bumpers, winch mounts, swing away tire carriers, stingers, homemade.
4. Cargo Racks
5. Mirrors (doors off) - A decent mirror thread - Mirror law - Another good one - Another - One more
6. Rockers / Sliders (Edit: I noticed later you covered this with a link, but still might be more threads out there to link to - this one comes up a lot)
7. Exhaust
8. Onboard Air setups - DIY i.e. York - COTS i.e. Viair -or air tank... Onboard Air thread - York thread - Another good thread about onboard air - For fun...here is a thread with an onboard misting system for those hot days
9. Battery discussion, Alternators, dual battery setups... Best Battery? - More Battery Discussion - Dual Battery Discussion - DIY Dual Battery from our YJ brethren... - Jerry repeats himself a lot here about dual batteries hehe... - Not our forum but a good link to 136 Amp Alternator Mod write-up - Another one on the Alternator mod... - Alternator Discussion - Another good Alternator discussion
10. Security - from center consoles and trunks (a la Tuffy) to systems / kill switches - Good security thread - More Security... - Security Thread - Another security thread - Yet another...there are lots like these...do a search...
11. Soft tops / Hard Tops / Bikini Tops / Windjammers / Tonneau Covers - SpiderWebShade thread
12. Lights: Headlights, Fog lights, Offroad lights/light bars, Leds / replacement for rears, Rock Lights, painting the headlight bezel black (hehe)
13. Fenders
14. CBs (I know we have a whole forum area for this kind of thing...but TJ specific maybe...like where to mount the unit and the antenna?) CBs - Where to mount
15. Roll cages / Sport cages
16. Lining (Herc, Rhino, Linex...)
17. Seats & Seat covers...hockey puck lifts to 5 point harness discussions...neoprene vs....etc...
18. Stereo stuff...picking one, where to put subs, amps, etc...
19. Steering box - Durango swap...
20. Clutch questions - Clutch override, don't clutch in water / mud
21. Hi-Lift Jacks - and where to mount them...
22. TJs and Towing things
23. Diff covers / sliders
24. Oil - synthetic vs...and brands...etc.
25. Snorkels
26. Gauges...fixing, replacing, etc.
27. Interior setups...switch placements, GPS mounting, etc...
28. Side steps for the girlfriend / wife...

I'll quit here - I am getting out of hand. I will try to find some good links for these when I have some more time unless someone beats me to it (I hate people that offer up the easy part but don't do the hard work - in this case, finding the links for each one - I will come back and get you links ). Didn't mean to go to town like this...but might as well be inclusive...these are all topics off the top of my head that I have seen come up again and again and again. I've been reading this forum for years, though you will notice I didn't even register or start posting until recently - I am a big fan of the search function and reading before asking....it is all out there already for the most part. If we post all of this info in one easy to find place (and people actually read it and do searches, and for those that don't read it initially and post a question and everyone just links to this post in response), what is anyone ever going to talk about anymore?
As promised, I'm slowly adding links as I have time...if you know of good threads for any of these topics, PM them to me or post them and I will add as I update.
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #40
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

^^^Thanks for following through. You're info is a great supplement to the thread,

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
Unread 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #41
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Added a "Tires" section as well as other updates.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #42
default_user2

Hell, this thread is a good information base even for veteran jeepforum users like myself and everyone else, not just newbies!
default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #43
djt283
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I ask a stupid question from time to time but thanks for doing something to address the ridiculous threads every day about the same stuff. Every time I see a gas mileage post I just wish I had a way to delete it. Hopefully your thread will be read by all.

Thanks for the effort.
djt283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 02:57 AM   #44
SpydermanTJ

Ok. Drain plugs are FINALLY done!!!
Here's the link:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/drain-plug-removal-pics-758766/
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #45
deerhunter1911
1997 TJ Wrangler 

everyone here rocks, but willys is the freakin man...this is everything i wanted to know to get started....great GREAT thread
Red Jeep Club member # 389

FLY NAVY!
deerhunter1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.