Good start! You covered some of the biggies for sure. I don't think you need to put any of that junk about taking criticism with a grain of salt and they don't care what you think yadda yadda...it suddenly makes JF sound like Pirate...we don't need that, do we? Just my two cents.
Some more ideas for you:
Link to Stu's site. I would also say links to all other forums - I know I keep a list - so they can search there as well...but I have found JF automatically strips a lot of those out when you post them for whatever reason...never made sense to me but oh well. I think JF is a jealous biatch.
Maybe we can make a list and then post a picture of said list - you can't link from it but they still get the info...would need for a mod to clear it so the ban stick doesn't get swung I guess...
Might be good to suggest that people click on the "Replies" and "Viewed" columns to see the most popular threads with the most replies, etc. Not a bad starting place. There you will easily stumble on threads like the "Mods to Avoid" or "Regrettable Mods" threads, or the "Budget Junkyard Upgrades" thread or the "I made a ___ for my TJ (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)" thread... Actually I would link to those 3 in particular since you mentioned that "What did you do to your TJ today" thread which, of course, is the most replied on thread out there.
Some ideas for links to threads about
1. Header replacement - since it will pretty much happen for everyone (pre 2000?)... - A header thread
2. Winches - A good Winch thread
- Another good Winch thread
3. Bumpers, winch mounts, swing away tire carriers, stingers, homemade.
4. Cargo Racks
5. Mirrors (doors off) - A decent mirror thread
- Mirror law
- Another good one
- One more
6. Rockers / Sliders (Edit: I noticed later you covered this with a link, but still might be more threads out there to link to - this one comes up a lot)
8. Onboard Air setups - DIY i.e. York - COTS i.e. Viair -or air tank... Onboard Air thread
- York thread
- Another good thread about onboard air
- For fun...here is a thread with an onboard misting system for those hot days
9. Battery discussion, Alternators, dual battery setups... Best Battery?
- More Battery Discussion
- Dual Battery Discussion
- DIY Dual Battery from our YJ brethren...
- Jerry repeats himself a lot here about dual batteries hehe...
- Not our forum but a good link to 136 Amp Alternator Mod write-up
- Another one on the Alternator mod...
- Alternator Discussion
- Another good Alternator discussion
10. Security - from center consoles and trunks (a la Tuffy) to systems / kill switches - Good security thread
- More Security...
- Security Thread
- Another security thread
- Yet another...there are lots like these...do a search...
11. Soft tops / Hard Tops / Bikini Tops / Windjammers / Tonneau Covers - SpiderWebShade thread
12. Lights: Headlights, Fog lights, Offroad lights/light bars, Leds / replacement for rears, Rock Lights, painting the headlight bezel black (hehe)
14. CBs (I know we have a whole forum area for this kind of thing...but TJ specific maybe...like where to mount the unit and the antenna?) CBs - Where to mount
15. Roll cages / Sport cages
16. Lining (Herc, Rhino, Linex...)
17. Seats & Seat covers...hockey puck lifts to 5 point harness discussions...neoprene vs....etc...
18. Stereo stuff...picking one, where to put subs, amps, etc...
19. Steering box - Durango swap...
20. Clutch questions - Clutch override, don't clutch in water / mud
21. Hi-Lift Jacks - and where to mount them...
22. TJs and Towing things
23. Diff covers / sliders
24. Oil - synthetic vs...and brands...etc.
26. Gauges...fixing, replacing, etc.
27. Interior setups...switch placements, GPS mounting, etc...
28. Side steps for the girlfriend / wife...
I'll quit here - I am getting out of hand. I will try to find some good links for these when I have some more time unless someone beats me to it (I hate people that offer up the easy part but don't do the hard work - in this case, finding the links for each one - I will come back and get you links
). Didn't mean to go to town like this...but might as well be inclusive...these are all topics off the top of my head that I have seen come up again and again and again. I've been reading this forum for years, though you will notice I didn't even register or start posting until recently - I am a big fan of the search function and reading before asking....it is all out there already for the most part. If we post all of this info in one easy to find place (and people actually read it and do searches, and for those that don't read it initially and post a question and everyone just links to this post in response), what is anyone ever going to talk about anymore?