TJ starter wiring cable not lining up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ starter wiring cable not lining up

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
pygskyn
2006 TJ Wrangler 

TJ starter wiring cable not lining up

i bought a new starter for my rubicon 2006 TJ from quadratec. Everything is fine except the wiring harness that is supposed to slide onto the socket is the wrong shape. the harness i have on the TJ is square and the one on the new starter is round shaped.

Has anyone come across this? Can i just cut the plastic piece that forms the round shape from around the metal tab?

pygskyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
pygskyn
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well, after looking at the original starter, i think i can take the solenoid apart and get the metal connector out.....drill a new hole in it....and then attack it to the new starter.

hope this works
pygskyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Personally, I'd return the starter and if you actually need a starter, buy it locally. Just avoid the cheap import starters sold by Autozone, Kragen, etc. No, their "lifetime warranties" don't mean they are high quality, they are not. The lifetime warranty is just a marketing gimmick since they know few people own their vehicles long enough after installing a new starter so it would cost them much.

I'll never buy anything like that over the internet, it's just easier to buy such things locally. That way, if there's a problem, it's far easier to resolve or exchange for one that fits.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
AER2007
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I assume you are talking about the ignition terminal on the solenoid, the difference being one is a spade terminal and one is an eyelet? If that is the case just cut the end of the wire and crimp on the proper terminal. A picture would be worth a thousand words.

[QUOTE=ageorgakis;8342820]No, I wasn't being comical. I'm being perfectly honest. I don't have any dyno tests. But you can FEEL the difference![/QUOTE]
AER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , rubicon , starter , harness

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.