TJ Soft Top Latch Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Soft Top Latch Replacement

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
sporticon03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Soft Top Latch Replacement

Hi All,

Yes, I've searched this and haven't found much information as to actual replacement.

Oddly enough my driver's side soft top latch busted yesterday. Specifically one of the rivets gave out. I managed to squeeze it back in place to get the top latched down, however it needs to be replaced. I bought a replacement latch from Morris 4x4 for ~$50 as quadratec wants $199, yes that's $199 for a stupid latch, apparently they don't make them anymore.

Insert problem...of course the geniuses and Chrysler designed the latch to be near impossible to remove, or so it seems. The latch itself is in the way of the two Torx bolts holding it on. I think I can great the bolts better having the top down, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone had to replace one of these before? What size Torx does it require? Did you use a socket or screw driver style Torx?

sporticon03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.