Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

TJ shopping list

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  rustzuk 
#1 ·
my 99 sport 4.o 3speed auto is basically stock , my goal is RE 4.5 SF rolling on 35's . I'm skipping over the BB and 33's and going right for what i want. My jeep is pretty much for weekends and hauling my popup camper and boat, so it sees it fair share of the road . Hear is the list of products I see fit to accomplish this. Please let me know of anything else i need or missed .
RE 4.5 SF short arm
RE mono tube shocks
sye and drive shaft
Ruby D44 rear axle 4.10 or 8.8 w/4.10
Front alloy shafts ,arb and regear to 4.10
currie HD steering
35 radial Baja claws(reusing aftermarket wheels)
4 to 1 t-case

#2 ·
What type of wheeling are you looking at doing?

-You don't 'need' a 4:1 Tcase
-Running 35s I think you will want 4.56 gears not 4.10s
-Any D44 will do, doesn't need to be a Rubi if you go with 4.56 gears.

#4 ·
my wheeling consists of mud and rock climbs, just moderate wheeling nothing to hardcore. I still have to drive it back home. I picked the ruby 44 cause of the locker already installed . But your probly right on the 4.56's .

#5 ·
good list. very nice.

x2 for changing to 4.88 - that should work well for 35s.

add another speedo and O-ring to it and you should be good.

#6 ·
anyone think that 4.88's would be to low for the 3 speed auto. I don't want it to rev to high at highway speeds . If not i'll go that route, I only want to regear it once so i want it right.

#9 ·
I run 4.56 with 35s and the 3 spd auto. It's a compromise between low enough to turn the big meats but high enough to not be screaming at highway speeds. I don't tow with my rig but you might find 4.88 a little better for towing if you're willing to give up some top end. No OD sucks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.