TJ Roof Racks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Roof Racks

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Roof Racks

I have a 04 TJ and have been carrying my mountain bike on the back with a rack that mounts over the tire. About 2 months ago a got rear ended, nothing serious, just a bump really. The other vehicle did not fair too well. My biggest worry was what would have happened to my mountian bike if it was back there (recently got my dream bike and it wasn't cheap). So started looking for roof racks...... does anyone have one?, any that you would suggest? Can you really put down the soft top with it installed?? Any information would be helpful

jlsalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Kargo Master is pretty good. Stupid strong, and looks good. My only beef with it is the coating they put on it, but I quess it's been reformulated or something.
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I would never mount a mountain bike on the roof of a Jeep.

Why? I wanted a couple wrestle their bikes on top of a Subaru. They had all the nicest Yakima & RockyMounts rail mount stuff too. I went into the store, came out about 10 minutes later, and they were still screwing with the bikes. Takes me 10 seconds to secure my bike on my hitch mount.

If I get rear ended, oh well...thats what car insurance is for.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Greenhead17
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sent you a pm. I have one that came with the jeep I bought 2 weeks ago. THis rack came on my jeep and I dont need it. THought Id sell it to buy a hitch. The Four towers retail $159 and the 58" cross bars $70

I am looking to get $135 TYD

Can be seen at
Manufacturer web site
http://www.yakima.com/shop/racksystems/naked-roof
Greenhead17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
kgginslc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Do you have a garage or carport? Don't get a roof rack.
kgginslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

so I put my bike on top of my wife's car all the time.. only takes a couple of minutes..... but just remember car insurance does not cover your bike it is home owners!! my deductible is a bit higher than my car's
Unread 01-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

have a garage..... and have never forgot when I have had my bike on top of other vheicles.... I am really looking for the summer type one with the soft top on

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.