TJ rocks side to side - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ rocks side to side

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
PCBrown
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TJ rocks side to side

I have an 05 TJ w/ stock suspension, 31x10.5 and offset rims. At around 50mph, the jeep starts to sway side to side and if you approach near 70 it gets more pronounced and scary. For some reason, it is more noticeable with 2 people in the jeep. It is not the death wobble, steering is true, no shimmy. I have had it aligned, tires balanced. This is my 3rd TJ and I have not experienced this with any other. Has anybody had this problem?

PCBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

How are your shocks?Are your front & rear sway bars connected and tight?
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
PCBrown
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for your response GOLENJEEPTJ. Shocks seem fine. I have not inspected the sway bars and really don't know what I'd be looking for. I recently bought this jeep, last one I had was a 98 and never had this issue.
PCBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Check your bushings and everything in the suspension for play. Also, what kind of tires are on it?

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
TheDodson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check out your sway bars and also check out your track bar bushings, control arm bushings too!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.