TJ Rear End/Differential Help (sahara edition) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Rear End/Differential Help (sahara edition)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
rddj91

TJ Rear End/Differential Help (sahara edition)

okay, i did it good guys! jumped both feet in and had to stop quickly!!

well noticed grinding popping in my rear end, got brave pulled the cover off and started inspecting. didnt notice anything at first. I took the main caps off (left and right) and set them down. rolled my creeper back and moved them. i do not remember which is left or right and what needs to go up or down. i figure these are one of those "one right way" to do things, so i need a little help distinguishing between the 2... apparently it is the d44 with track-lock, i think. i read the numbers off the cover to the guy selling me parts and he said that.

also i figured out i ruined my spider gears and have never seen the inside of a rear axle so any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated for installing new spiders in a jeep tj sahara..

rddj91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
steviej35

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Had the same problem with mine as well. Rebuilding a Trac loc was a hard decision to make. Kit to rebuild it cost alot of cash....ended up buying a open carrier and a lockrite to replace it for $200 vs the trac loc rebuild kit from 4wd for like $300 plus shipping

Tags
axle , differential , rear end

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.