TJ radiator fan upgrade info.......2000-2006 TJ - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ radiator fan upgrade info.......2000-2006 TJ

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 09-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #496
LesterM
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Would this set up work for a 2000 without ac and a manual tranny?

Unread 09-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #497
ColoradoCole
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, im currently running it
ColoradoCole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #498
Dirtrag
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Fan set-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCole View Post
I just checked Oreilly and they sell both the 9 and 10 blade, the 10 blade comes with a severe duty clutch as well.
What were the part numbers?
Dirtrag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #499
Dirtrag
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Vise grips vrs. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen View Post
One side of the channel lock grips on the surface of the pulley where the belt rides and the other goes right on the other side behind the pulley.
Use a chain wrench on the pulley. Just make sure the grip is correct for the direction of removal.
Dirtrag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #500
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I understand that the 7 blade fan is not manufactured any more. I don't really care if it is new I would just like to know what numbers are on it or a quick way to identify it so I can grab it if it is the real McCoy. I know a few of you have posted they have one , can anyone post what numbers are on it or a way to quicly identify it . I have seen a few 7 blades for sale for a Wrangler over time but don't know if it is the right one .
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #501
ColoradoCole
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrag View Post
What were the part numbers?
I will go back by there tonight and get the part numbers for the blades and clutch
ColoradoCole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #502
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2 View Post
I understand that the 7 blade fan is not manufactured any more. I don't really care if it is new I would just like to know what numbers are on it or a quick way to identify it so I can grab it if it is the real McCoy. I know a few of you have posted they have one , can anyone post what numbers are on it or a way to quicly identify it . I have seen a few 7 blades for sale for a Wrangler over time but don't know if it is the right one .
You need to go back and read the thread. It's in here.
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #503
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

NAAA thats OK. I just finished reading 38 pages which is why I asked I must of missed it but I will take that as a sign to leave what I have well enough alone thanks for the advice .
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #504
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just picked up the fan and clutch from Vatozone
Time to pull out the Efan :/
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #505
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill View Post
I completed this mod today myself. Due to my aftermarket aluminum radiator, I had to removed the shroud to make the install. My initial impression is that it definitely moves alot of air at idle. OAT today was 98 degrees, 85 percent humidity. After idling for 25 minutes, temp indicated 212 degrees. Increasing idle to 1500 rpms, temp indicated 200 within 2 minutes. Noise is definitely quieter.
So....if temps are a constant issue, why not drop to a lower temp thermostat?
I have an aluminum radiator as well... Are you not using a shroud at all?
How is it working for you?
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #506
wage
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Chris,

Now that have done the upgrade for awhile..any issues??
wage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #507
luckydusty
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Why did you upgrade with an engine powered fan and not electric? Cooling system is my next upgrade so this is research..
luckydusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #508
chris142
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wage View Post
Chris,

Now that have done the upgrade for awhile..any issues??
Mines still working well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydusty View Post
Why did you upgrade with an engine powered fan and not electric? Cooling system is my next upgrade so this is research..
Most of the guys with Electric fans on TJ's don't like them.They do not move as much air as an engine driven fan does and overheating @ slow speeds becomes a problem.
chris142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #509
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post

the only chance I have for the next week is tomorrow ... and regarding the heat, I can picture that! Thanks for the hint. I think I am going to pull a original pulley and use that as a "template" while asking the wise junkyard wizards for a smaller one.
find anything? I drove over 800 miles this weekend, much of it in the mountains & turning over 3000rpms...the Explorer 9-blade + Hayden 2793 was giving bad squeeling, just like the Hayden 2791 clutch + stock 5-blade. It's burning the belt up. The "Severe Duty" just seems like too much resistance for those of us that run above 3000rpms often. I'm just going back to the stock clutch & 5-blade for now...the overheating/heat soaking at idle is getting to me - coolant temps were up to 234 at 13,800 ft this weekend...stock gauge showed a fuzz over 210...and it wasn't 50 ambient....not cool. I walked through the junkyard last weekend...I noticed a lot of vehicles had engine driven puller fans, and pusher electric fans in front of the A/C condenser. That may be another alternative.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #510
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah after running the Torq Flo Severe Duty fan clutch it pretty much has toasted my new belt. I went with the 2791 and the 5 blade for a test and I think it's only squealing because my belt is messed up from the Torq Flo. It's even squealing with the stock clutch and fan now so I know for sure my belt is toast. I'm going to put my OEM spare back on and see if I can exchange my Dayco belt at Auto Zone with another one since it has a warranty.

Before I tried the Torq Flo Severe Duty clutch the belt was perfect with the 2793 and it never squealed.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
10 blade , 5 blade , 9 blade , cooling , explorer , fan blade , Fan clutch , ford , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.