TJ radiator fan upgrade info.......2000-2006 TJ - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ radiator fan upgrade info.......2000-2006 TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #436
Tjosh97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
So again:
Severe Duty for the stock 5-blade late model TJ - Autozone PN 922791
Severe Duty for the Explorer fan on a late model TJ- Autozone PN 922793
Do you think this is interchangeable with early models? and how about the 2.5L?

Red Jeep Club #556 - "DA 4-$LANGER"
1997 Flame Red TJ 4-Banger (2.5L) 4.0 TB 62mm Bored w/ Spacer -- 31x10.50 D. Cepek "Crushers" -- 15" Black Rock Crawlers -- AEM DryFlow -- Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back -- EBC Brake System -- Rough Country 2.5" Lift w/ Discos -- RC Adj Track Bars -- Currie HD Steering -- Rugged Ridge Diff Covers - DDM 6000K HID
Tjosh97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #437
Tjosh97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundless View Post

cross reff; Imperial 215146 torqflo 922733
Not sure but I thought it was Part Number: 922737 for early models?
1997 Flame Red TJ 4-Banger (2.5L) 4.0 TB 62mm Bored w/ Spacer -- 31x10.50 D. Cepek "Crushers" -- 15" Black Rock Crawlers -- AEM DryFlow -- Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back -- EBC Brake System -- Rough Country 2.5" Lift w/ Discos -- RC Adj Track Bars -- Currie HD Steering -- Rugged Ridge Diff Covers - DDM 6000K HID
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #438
Tjosh97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
if you can find a TSB 7-blade and associated fan clutch, please let me know where.

they were discontinued a few years back, and not a single dealership in the world has one in stock. I had my local dealer check extensively.
If you can get me a part number I'll track it down...
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #439
floridamud
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Will this work on a 2000 cherokee with the 4.0?
()_) ()_) ---- )_)........()_)--- ) ()_) ---- )_)
floridamud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #440
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjosh97 View Post
Do you think this is interchangeable with early models? and how about the 2.5L?
No. read the thread, a few have proposed fan swaps for the early models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjosh97 View Post
If you can get me a part number I'll track it down...
They've been discontinued. You can't get them. The PN won't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridamud View Post
Will this work on a 2000 cherokee with the 4.0?
No.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #441
Tjosh97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I can up with a 77257 for early TJs HD Clutch.

I would like to know the best combo for Early TJs with a 2.5L? Thanks for the help!
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #442
Tjosh97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No. read the thread, a few have proposed fan swaps for the early models.
Thanks Im only on page 21 its a ton to read...
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #443
nwaxtreme
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just put a new Mustang '86 HD fan clutch and Ford 9 blade fan on my TJ. It was excellent just had to trim my shroud due blades too close to drive side part of shroud. Definitely pushes more air.

nwaxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #444
Tjosh97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any word on 2.5L's fan upgrade I found a HD fan clutch 922737 (77257)
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #445
nwaxtreme
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The water pump bolt patterns looks the same on the 2.5 just wouldn't think the narrowed part of the shroud would be able to handle the fan without colliding. I had to cut my 4.0 shroud down because of this and it doesn't narrow down like the 2.5's. If you can mod another shroud it could work.
nwaxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #446
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ok ... today I got some nice brown boxes ... a hayden 2793 severe duty clutch and a doorman 620-112 9 blade fan among the stuff ...

The set did not come with any bolts ... so I might need to go get some:
The "universal" fan clutch installation instructions list three different sizes ... but it looks like 6mmx1.0x13mm is the right size?
Or does anybody know if the stock bolts (fan to clutch) will fit the hayden clutch?
(with spacer?)

With my stock setup I have between 209 and 225 degrees while city driving. Tolerable ...
Worse: some slight dune driving in 4hi (2nd gear) lets the water temps climb regularly above 230 ... and my tranny oil temps past 200. No overheating because I take it easier when I notice the temp increase.
Despite the fact that I already have a aux tranny cooler inline after the rad cooler ... (in 4lo (D) everything is cool for hours even with AC at full blast, but not really appropriate in most of my wheeling)

Since I have my scangaugeII (got it last week) I am monitoring IAT and open/closed loop ... strange here, that my TJ always goes to open loop when I want to go faster than 70mph (TPS is at 30! rpm at ~2600) ... IAT around 100. In the city revving past 3000 at lower speeds the engine stays always nicely in closed loop even if I stomp on the pedal ... something is wrong!? Maybe all is connected (slightly higher engine temps and the tendency to fall into open loop on the highway?)
Did lots of web wheeling ... from ccv valves over MAP sensor to bad O2 sensors, clogged mini cats and possible exhaust leak (I have tried to find a vacuum leak idling and spraying wd40 all over candidates with no success). Or is all this "normal"?
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2011, 04:22 AM   #447
rangerb3
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Or does anybody know if the stock bolts (fan to clutch) will fit the hayden clutch?
(with spacer?)
Found this on the 2 page, Post #21 of this thread....

Quote:
You may need to grab 4 small bolts to bolt the ford fan onto the ford fan clutch. You cant use the jeep bolts.

Ford bolts are a very common 6x1mm I believe. They use a 10mm socket to tighten and remove them.
Not sure about the spacer...I'll need to read some of the early threads since I'm going to be doing this upgrade in a couple of weeks when I get home from Africa!

I already have the 10-blade fan and hayden clutch mentioned early on in this thread! I will also need to get those 6mm x 1" bolts....

'02 TJ-X
4" Full Traxxion w/Black Diamond Shocks, BFG AT 33x10, Smittybilt SRC Fr/Rr bumpers, Vortex 12K winch, 3/8" Syn line, Thumb Throttle, Factory Cruise(DIY), Banks Cat-back, AEM Brute Force, Donaldson P550299 HiCapacity Oil Filter w/magnets, Fat Bob's 1.25" Composite Seat Riser Kit, DDM 55w HID's w/Morimoto Projector Upgrades, GenRight 5-piece Louvers, 160A Alternator, Taurus Elect Fan, LED Tailights, LED 3rd Break Light, LED Dome & Interior Lights, Dome cut-out switch, LED Spot & Flood lighting, Polk 5-1/2" Front & 6-1/2" Audio Bar Speakers

Defiintion of a Helicopter:
10,000 rotating parts continuosly trying to pull themselves apart while beating the air into submission! You gotta love 'em!!! :-}
rangerb3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2011, 04:26 AM   #448
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerb3 View Post
Found this on the 2 page, Post #21 of this thread....

Not sure about the spacer...I'll need to read some of the early threads since I'm going to be doing this upgrade in a couple of weeks when I get home from Africa!

I already have the 10-blade fan and hayden clutch mentioned early on in this thread! I will also need to get those 6mm x 1" bolts....
Thanks!
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #449
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got a new aftermarket 10 blade fan blade cheap and wanted to test it out vs the 9 blade. First bit of info is that it sits WAY back vs the Dorman 9 blade fan. The Dorman fits perfectly 50/50 in/out of the shroud vs the 10 blade fan which sits more like 25/75 in/out. I haven't taken it for a drive yet, but I'm not sure if it's going to cool as nice as the 9 blade due to the location of the fan blade to the shroud.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion of 9 blade Dorman fan blade on Jeeps with a MML and 10 blade fan for Jeeps without an MML.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #450
rangerb3
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
a hayden 2793 severe duty clutch and a doorman 620-112 9 blade fan among the stuff ...
I ordered both parts off Ebay and the picture shows a 9-blade fan...If you order new from a parts supplier like Autozone, PepBoys, or others...do they now send out a 9-blade or 10? I got the parts but won't be home from Africa for another 12 days and the wife is now scared to go into the room where all of my new "brown box" Jeep toys have been staged for my return! They have been stacked so high that I think she's afraid they might fall over and crush her!

Man, I think I may be overwhelmed with new Jeep projects when I get home! I'm sure my wife will appreciate my new JeepForum membership now!

MML = Motor Mount Lift? Sorry, I see the term thrown around a lot on this thread....I did an advanced search on MML and got no hits!

'02 TJ-X
4" Full Traxxion w/Black Diamond Shocks, BFG AT 33x10, Smittybilt SRC Fr/Rr bumpers, Vortex 12K winch, 3/8" Syn line, Thumb Throttle, Factory Cruise(DIY), Banks Cat-back, AEM Brute Force, Donaldson P550299 HiCapacity Oil Filter w/magnets, Fat Bob's 1.25" Composite Seat Riser Kit, DDM 55w HID's w/Morimoto Projector Upgrades, GenRight 5-piece Louvers, 160A Alternator, Taurus Elect Fan, LED Tailights, LED 3rd Break Light, LED Dome & Interior Lights, Dome cut-out switch, LED Spot & Flood lighting, Polk 5-1/2" Front & 6-1/2" Audio Bar Speakers

Defiintion of a Helicopter:
10,000 rotating parts continuosly trying to pull themselves apart while beating the air into submission! You gotta love 'em!!! :-}
rangerb3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
10 blade , 5 blade , 9 blade , cooling , explorer , fan blade , Fan clutch , ford , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.