TJ passenger seat back won't lock on one side - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ passenger seat back won't lock on one side

TERAFLEX JKU 2.5" Elite LCG Long FlexArm Lift Kit w/ March Madness LOCKER SALE + FREE SHIPPING + $30-$50 REBATEFLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRI

Unread Today, 06:15 PM   #1
CinciTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

TJ passenger seat back won't lock on one side

My jeep's passenger seat has had this issue since the day I bought it. The entire seat itself works good from sliding forward and back, and tumbles forward and locks back in place just fine. also reclines and locks... but only on one side. I know it isn't the actual seat frame in the back of the seat that's broken. The hinge at the bottom of the seat still moves when I push on the seat, and if you were to hold that hinge in place the seat wouldn't lean at all. So the actual seat itself just isn't locking on one side. Anyone have this issue before and fixed it? My dad used to have a 99 jeep cherokee XJ and the driver seat had this issue as well but never fixed it. Maybe it's a broken cable or something? I just don't see how one side can lock but not the other side.

CinciTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.