TJ owners: Will my JK wheels and tires fit a TJ. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ owners: Will my JK wheels and tires fit a TJ.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The spacers will make your tires stick out further. You will need to purchase three pairs in order to accommodate your spare.

Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
GATJ

any idea how much further? the whole reason I'm going down from 14.50s is to keep the mud off the side of my jeep, and I think it looks nicer with the tires inside the flares...I figured this was the obvious answer, but damn it

edit: after some more research I think I've found that the adapters are about 1.25 inches thick, but the stock JK wheels have a deeper well which will almost negate any added thickness from the adapters.
GATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #18
mtdodson
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for this thread guys, esp the pics! Did this over the weekend with 17s. Love the way it looks. I have an ARB bumper on the front, and the weight makes the front fenders sit a little closer than the pics I see with stock bumpers. So, I might consider a lift.

For the spare, I ended up raising the third brake light by an inch so it could clear the new spare. Ace Hardware sells chrome one inch spacers, and just replaced the stock bolts with some stainless ones that were an inch longer, which I also purchased at Ace. I believe Warrior Products sells a spacer kit, and I saw a thread where someone made spacers out of PVC. But I didn't have the time to wait for shipping nor the patience to cut and paint some PVC. Any of these three are good options.

(As much as this might sound like an Ace harward ad...I do not work at Ace.)
mtdodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
5hBlueYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just to clarify, are you guys saying that a JK wheel will fit on the spare tire posts on the back of a TJ/YJ or would modifications/adapters be necessary for the spare as well?
5hBlueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hBlueYJ View Post
Just to clarify, are you guys saying that a JK wheel will fit on the spare tire posts on the back of a TJ/YJ or would modifications/adapters be necessary for the spare as well?
If it doesn't fit the hub it won't fit the spare mount, you're going to need an adapter for the spare as well.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #21
jascumbee
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just bought a 2000 wrangler a few weeks ago, and thanks to this thread I put the freedom edition JK wheels with 255/75r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Got the 5 adapters off eBay for $120, 5 rims ad lugs for $200 off Craigslist, and a lot of $$$ for the tres from the tire store...but I'm happy with the outcome! No lift...Only a little rubbing when I turn extremely sharp. Thanks for the tips!
image.jpg  
jascumbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
wtillinghast
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This is my 2005 X with '13 Sahara wheels on it. No Lift
wtillinghast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #23
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jascumbee View Post
Only a little rubbing when I turn extremely sharp.

You can fix that...
http://www.stu-offroad.com/steering/...teerstop-1.htm
StupendousMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #24
jascumbee
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupendousMan View Post
Awesome...I had heard you could...now I know! Thank you. Will get that taken care of this afternoon
jascumbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jk , wheel , fitment , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.