TJ owners: Will my JK wheels and tires fit a TJ. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ owners: Will my JK wheels and tires fit a TJ.

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

TJ owners: Will my JK wheels and tires fit a TJ.

A co worker of mine has a TJ and was interested in buying my stock JK wheels and tires. They are 17'' Moab's with 32'' Goodyear SR-A tires with 26,000 miles. Will these fit without a lift? Also, he has the base 3.0something gears and a manual tranny. Will he drive ok with this setup? He doesn't do serious offroading. He just wants some bigger tires and wheels.

Im also not sure what to sell these for... Any ideas on a fair price for all 5? They are in great condition with no rock rash.

Dronac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

see the lugs and bolt pattern thread linked in my sig? click that. the answer is in the first post, in really big bold yellow font.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Lastshot
2005 LJ Wrangler 

32" tires will not fit effectively under a Stock TJ without a lift. The other thing you have to be aware of is the Bolt pattern on the JK. I believe the stock JK wheels have a 5x5 bolt pattern, while the TJ has 5x4.5

In short No they won't fit.
gily25 Says...
Issues only become problems when you don't have the tools or time to fix it.
Mike318 Says...
I like my 4.0L like I like my ****... stroked and blown. :duhrock:
Lastshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastshot View Post
32" tires will not fit effectively under a Stock TJ without a lift. The other thing you have to be aware of is the Bolt pattern on the JK. I believe the stock JK wheels have a 5x5 bolt pattern, while the TJ has 5x4.5

In short No they won't fit unless you get wheel adapters and a small lift.
fixed it for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ah thanks for the input. Ill pass on the info. The sale is probably off but I'm sure I can find a new buyer.
Unread 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yes they will fit, but only with the adapters you do not need a lift to fit the 32" tires. I have a set of 17" JK Rubicons with 32" Mud Terrains and there is no rubbing of the fenders with stock suspension. I have been off roading with them and everything was fine. The only is, is that it rubs when I turn extremley sharp. But it's not bad. I love the way that they look and I am sure that your freind will to. I bought the Spidertrax adapters from Quadratec. They were $200 for the set, but they are better than the cheapies on ebay. Also he will need one for the rear, which I just bought the cheep one. Good luck. Trust me it works.

As for pricing. I bought mine from Craigslist, Less than 100 miles on them brand new for $500 complete. I think because he is your friend and they have 26k I would say $500 would be a good price.
mikes-jeep-030.jpg   off-road-nebroda-006.jpg  
likeaspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
Jim Shanks
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ideally you should probably stick a 1" body or at least a 2" budget boost on for clearance. $.02

Jim
Jim Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
mps925
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This is mine with 1" spacers and spyder wheel adapters
mps925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeaspyder View Post
Yes they will fit, but only with the adapters you do not need a lift to fit the 32" tires. I have a set of 17" JK Rubicons with 32" Mud Terrains and there is no rubbing of the fenders with stock suspension. I have been off roading with them and everything was fine. The only is, is that it rubs when I turn extremley sharp. But it's not bad. I love the way that they look and I am sure that your freind will to. I bought the Spidertrax adapters from Quadratec. They were $200 for the set, but they are better than the cheapies on ebay. Also he will need one for the rear, which I just bought the cheep one. Good luck. Trust me it works.

As for pricing. I bought mine from Craigslist, Less than 100 miles on them brand new for $500 complete. I think because he is your friend and they have 26k I would say $500 would be a good price.
they dont rub because you dont disconnect your sway bar which means you probably are not wheeling anything decent (not trying to be a #$%%). yes they will rub severly unless you keep the sway bar attached or have no uptravel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #10
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronac View Post
Will he drive ok with this setup? He doesn't do serious offroading. He just wants some bigger tires and wheels.
Michguy, Yes, but if you read his post, stock will do just fine.
likeaspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Necrobump! Any idea's on mounting the 5th tire on the spare tire carrier? I know there are adapters, but will these put the tire way out there behind the Jeep? Are there replacement stock style carriers out there as well?
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #12
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You could drill new holes in the stock tire carrier, but then the tire/wheel combo might be too close to the body.

The 17" JK Moab wheels have 6.25" backspacing where most stock TJ wheels have 5.5" backspacing.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
RDaniel2405
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronac View Post
Necrobump! Any idea's on mounting the 5th tire on the spare tire carrier? I know there are adapters, but will these put the tire way out there behind the Jeep? Are there replacement stock style carriers out there as well?
get 1 more spacer/adapter like this. I just lift up on my tire when i shut the door, the tire will sit on the bumper.

RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #14
bryce_r_kennedy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

awesome!! I finally have the money and time to do some of this fun nonsense and stop driving a completely STOCK wrangler.
bryce_r_kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
GATJ

I want to put JK stock wheels on my 2003 rubicon. Has about 8inches under it and currently 37x14.50 tires. I want to go to an 18in JK rim and 37x12.50 tire. Figured I'd buy the spidertrax adapters, but I want to pull my tires inside the wheel wells. Does the adapter make the tire stick out further? and I suppose I need to buy two sets (one set for the front two and back two), but what about my spare tire? Thanks for the help guys.
adapters: http://www.spidertrax.com/Jeep-JK-Co...&category=9998
wheels: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-WHEELS-18-...179929?vxp=mtr
GATJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jk , wheel , fitment , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.