TJ Oil Pan Skid Plate Suggestions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Crunchy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Oil Pan Skid Plate Suggestions

I crushed my oil pan last time I went wheelin. Lucky enough I was able to limp home and it was not fun swapping it out. Just looking for suggestions on oil pan skidplates for a 4.0L. I'm leaning towards this Skid Row Offroad plate. Just wanted to see what my options are besides what 4wd or Quadratech offer. I'm Surprised Poison Spyder Customs doesn't have anything.

Attached Thumbnails
imagesCAZCEDUK.jpg  

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5spd
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

www.undercoverfab.com
www.savvyoffroad.com
www.rokmen.com

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #3 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 PM
undercoverfab
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
I crushed my oil pan last time I went wheelin. Lucky enough I was able to limp home and it was not fun swapping it out. Just looking for suggestions on oil pan skidplates for a 4.0L. I'm leaning towards this Skid Row Offroad plate. Just wanted to see what my options are besides what 4wd or Quadratech offer. I'm Surprised Poison Spyder Customs doesn't have anything.

I sell an engine skid for your year model.

http://undercoverfab.com/aluminum-en...id-plate-.html

Matt Walton

(334) 446-3821

Use the coupon code "jeepforum.com" to save 10% today!

Check us out on

post #4 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am way more relaxed in the rocks since getting my Skidrow skid. Easy install too.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #5 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Crunchy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverfab View Post
I sell an engine skid for your year model.

http://undercoverfab.com/aluminum-en...id-plate-.html
Does your skid plate work with the stock Rubicon skid plates? Also does it require any body or engine lift?

Thanks

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5spd
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
post #6 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 11:05 PM
undercoverfab
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
Does your skid plate work with the stock Rubicon skid plates? Also does it require any body or engine lift?

Thanks
It does work with the stock transfer case skid. No MML or BL required.

Thanks,

Matt Walton

(334) 446-3821

Use the coupon code "jeepforum.com" to save 10% today!

Check us out on

post #7 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Landed on mine as well, only thing I want to ensure is the exhaust is covered as well. I do know some just cover the oil pan leaving your exhaust that wraps the oil pan open
post #8 of 25 Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Night Wolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The UCF engine/transmission skid bolts into the stock transfer case skid pretty well. I had a few gripes but overall I'm happy with it. It is not mated to the UCF UHC skid. Besides protecting the engine trans and exhaust well, it greatly helps by creating a ramp surface to skid across the belly instead of getting caught on the lip of the skid. No more ''shovel'' effect either. In other threads I have lots of pictures of the skid on my Jeep with the stock '03-'06 transfer case skid.

-Rick

-1987 BMW 528e 5spd e28 - personal Panzer for the daily driven battlefield, just broken in at 300k

-1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5spd e30 - extensive overhaul in progress

-2005 TJ Sport - stuff
post #9 of 25 Old 11-15-2011, 07:59 AM
otisdog
2008 WK 

That UFC looks pretty nice.
I installed a Skid Row on my 03 TJ last spring and am happy with it and feel much more secure. It is the same one you would need. You do have to drill three holes and reverse your lower frame side control arm bolt if needed,
Jim

08 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #10 of 25 Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 AM
fromme

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverfab View Post
It does work with the stock transfer case skid. No MML or BL required.

Thanks,
Do you have any knowledge how your skid will work with an AEV/Nth TT for the manual trans? Unfortunately AEV only sells a trans skid that works with an auto, so I'm left trying to find something that matches up halfway decent.

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth, But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion."
post #11 of 25 Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 AM
limeking
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had the Teraflex hd oil skid, worked well, but now have the UCF aluminum skid, haven't hit it yet.

If there wasn't stuff that sucked, how would we know what was cool? Beavis and Butthead

Jeremy : )
2004 Lime Rubicon, NV3550, JKS arms, and trackbars, UCF tummy tuck, LoPro and engine skid, 3 in tera springs 33 KM2s
1994 Red Wrangler, 2.5 in lift, 31 in no names, 4.0 ax15 30/35
post #12 of 25 Old 11-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Night Wolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
That UFC looks pretty nice.
I installed a Skid Row on my 03 TJ last spring and am happy with it and feel much more secure. It is the same one you would need. You do have to drill three holes and reverse your lower frame side control arm bolt if needed,
Jim
That style doesn't allow easy compatibility if a tummy tuck is in the future.

-Rick

-1987 BMW 528e 5spd e28 - personal Panzer for the daily driven battlefield, just broken in at 300k

-1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5spd e30 - extensive overhaul in progress

-2005 TJ Sport - stuff
post #13 of 25 Old 11-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wolf View Post
Why not?

Thats what I'm using...

post #14 of 25 Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 PM
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

UCF for the win!

Hold onto something... Quick!!!
post #15 of 25 Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wolf View Post
It (Skid Row) actually does, I'm running a Skid Row engine skid that mated easily to Matt's 0.25" UCF transfer case skid .

Now Jeeping in Oregon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.