TJ neg camber problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ neg camber problem

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 09-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
Roadhawg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

TJ neg camber problem

I went past a tyre place today to get my alignment checked and found out I have -1,5deg on the left side

I was running 32's for a while and that front left had a really slow puncture and would gradually go down to about 1.5bar (not sure what PSI that is)all the time. I thought this was causing the jeep to pull left on the highway, but now i've changed to brand new 33's and the pulling continues which is why I went for the alignment today.

So camber:
left -1.50
right -0.11
Caster
left 4,16
right 4,25

Is there anything else besides a bent axle that could cause this? I don't remember hitting anything particularly hard, I don't do any highspeed wheeling or jumping things or anything.
It' a Sahara so D30 right?

Was planning on taking the TJ on a pretty long overlanding trip through Botswana next month but the possibility of extreme tyre wear worries me now.

halp

Roadhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bad wheel bearing, bad ball joint is the only thing to effect camber on these axles, unless you have a bent tube or bent C
Yellow Jeep Member #42
01 TJ, HP 30/Locked, dana44/locked, 4.88's, 4in ProComp Springs, JKS 1.25 bl, JKS Trackbar, Currie Arms, RS9000XL shocks, 35x12.50 MTR Kevlars, 15x8 Soft 8's, Skyjacker Discos, Brown Dog MML, SYE, Smittybilt Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, Currie Steering, Warn x8000i
03 Jeep TJ, 1 Ton Project. 79 Dana 60/dana 70, 5.9L 360, hiline tube fenders
-jb- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Roadhawg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb- View Post
Bad wheel bearing, bad ball joint is the only thing to effect camber on these axles, unless you have a bent tube or bent C

Ok so it's worth jacking it up and fiddling this weekend then. I'll see if I can see/feel anything wrong.
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Roadhawg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Arg.

Bearing seems fine, can't feel any play, not noisy...Balljoints seem ok...not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but prying the wheel up from underneath doesn't show anything strange.

Bugger.
Unread 09-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Davetha

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is there oil leaking from your axle tubes or anything? Or are the seals getting eaten up quickly? When my axle was bent that would happen all the time.
Davetha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.