TJ Lock Boxes - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Lock Boxes

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
tahoez58
2006 LJ Wrangler 

chefdab, these boxes do bolt down. But with rocker guards, I would utilize one or more of the rocker guard bolt holes and just reverse the bolt so it will sit flat on the floor. I'll keep you informed.

tahoez58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #17
dcdude2

Too bad the Tuffy console insert doesn't seem to be offered for later TJs. Fortunately, the Jeep Outfitter Side Console, now available in TJ 2003 to 2006:

Looks good!
jeep-oufitter-side-console-03-06.jpg  
dcdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #18
Tahoezr
2006 LJ Wrangler 

dcdude2, thanks for your reply and picture. Those lock boxes work/worked great.

Now I have a different challenge. I need another set of those boxes, but, it seems that Jeep Outfitter is gone or out of business. Does anyone know where I can get another set of these?

I can't find any manufacturers marks or numbers.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Tahoezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #19
Benderff
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I find it easy to believe that company went out of business. It took me a year to get the box I bought from them. I thought another company made the actual box, but I can't seem to find or remember the name.

I upgraded the mounting hardware because it would have been to easy to yank the whole box out. I also added an eye bolt through the body for a cable lock. I felt comfortable with short term storage, but I wouldn't leave anything overnight.

Unread 04-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #20
Tahoezr
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Benderff, thanks.

It's doubtful that Jeep Outfitter made them. So, would you happen to have noticed who manufactured that box?

Maybe they're still available directly from them.

Thanks again.
Tahoezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
Benderff
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry I wish I still had that info for you. I know I found the company that made them, right as mine finally showed up. I sold the pictured lock box about a year ago when I started tearing my jeep apart again.

Tags
lock box , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.