TJ Hood pin installation & write-up. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Hood pin installation & write-up.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #31
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleTwoThree View Post
Sean,

Looks like yours are mounted further from center line. Could you post a straight on pic so we could see the difference?
There is a little better pic in the link below. Keep in mind it's a glass hood so the mounting will be different. There will also be pics of a different set on a cut steel hood that may help you out.

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #32
EagleTwoThree
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
There is a little better pic in the link below. Keep in mind it's a glass hood so the mounting will be different. There will also be pics of a different set on a cut steel hood that may help you out.
Cool, thanks. I had checked your profile pics, but not the links in your sig.
EagleTwoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #33
kdilly

Howdy, I'm reviving this thread.

Does your hood close and open perfectly? When I installed mine, it seems that the hood of the jeep is sloped so that the pin is sticking straight up but when the hood closes, the holes in the black things don't line up correctly.

Because of this, I have to leave the pins loose so that I can line them up each time I open and close the hood
kdilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #34
pwmac
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdilly View Post
Howdy, I'm reviving this thread.

Does your hood close and open perfectly? When I installed mine, it seems that the hood of the jeep is sloped so that the pin is sticking straight up but when the hood closes, the holes in the black things don't line up correctly.

Because of this, I have to leave the pins loose so that I can line them up each time I open and close the hood
=====
I think the bolts were supposed to be installed at an angle such that they are perpendicular to the hood surface. This means that after drilling at an angle you would need a beveled washer to hold the pin to the to flat core support in a solid manner.
And finishing touch would also have a lynch pin tether so it could not be misplaced. And the best install use heat shrink over the wire cable to prevent scratching the paint.
PaulW

Last edited by pwmac; 07-07-2014 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: typo
pwmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #35
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdilly
Howdy, I'm reviving this thread. Does your hood close and open perfectly? When I installed mine, it seems that the hood of the jeep is sloped so that the pin is sticking straight up but when the hood closes, the holes in the black things don't line up correctly. Because of this, I have to leave the pins loose so that I can line them up each time I open and close the hood
Just cut the rubber boss way down on the bottom of the bumpers so the pin goes in easier. Mine aren't perpendicular & they've been fine for a couple years.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hood , install , installation , pin , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.