TJ Hood pin installation & write-up. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 PM
-sean-

1944 CJ2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleTwoThree View Post
Sean,

Looks like yours are mounted further from center line. Could you post a straight on pic so we could see the difference?
There is a little better pic in the link below. Keep in mind it's a glass hood so the mounting will be different. There will also be pics of a different set on a cut steel hood that may help you out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
EagleTwoThree
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
There is a little better pic in the link below. Keep in mind it's a glass hood so the mounting will be different. There will also be pics of a different set on a cut steel hood that may help you out.
Cool, thanks. I had checked your profile pics, but not the links in your sig.
post #33 of 35 Old 07-06-2014, 03:55 PM
kdilly

Howdy, I'm reviving this thread.

Does your hood close and open perfectly? When I installed mine, it seems that the hood of the jeep is sloped so that the pin is sticking straight up but when the hood closes, the holes in the black things don't line up correctly.

Because of this, I have to leave the pins loose so that I can line them up each time I open and close the hood
post #34 of 35 Old 07-07-2014, 09:16 AM
pwmac
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdilly View Post
Howdy, I'm reviving this thread.

Does your hood close and open perfectly? When I installed mine, it seems that the hood of the jeep is sloped so that the pin is sticking straight up but when the hood closes, the holes in the black things don't line up correctly.

Because of this, I have to leave the pins loose so that I can line them up each time I open and close the hood
=====
I think the bolts were supposed to be installed at an angle such that they are perpendicular to the hood surface. This means that after drilling at an angle you would need a beveled washer to hold the pin to the to flat core support in a solid manner.
And finishing touch would also have a lynch pin tether so it could not be misplaced. And the best install use heat shrink over the wire cable to prevent scratching the paint.
PaulW

pwmac
Durango, CO
06 Rubicon, modified

Last edited by pwmac; 07-07-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
post #35 of 35 Old 07-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Danno6102
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdilly
Howdy, I'm reviving this thread. Does your hood close and open perfectly? When I installed mine, it seems that the hood of the jeep is sloped so that the pin is sticking straight up but when the hood closes, the holes in the black things don't line up correctly. Because of this, I have to leave the pins loose so that I can line them up each time I open and close the hood
Just cut the rubber boss way down on the bottom of the bumpers so the pin goes in easier. Mine aren't perpendicular & they've been fine for a couple years.

IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."

Tags
hood , install , installation , pin , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.