TJ Hardtop Wiring adaptor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Hardtop Wiring adaptor

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 09-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
NH2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Hardtop Wiring adaptor

I have a 2000 Wrangler and purchased a 2003-2006 hard top. I didn't realize at the time (nor did I check while purchasing the used top....) the electrical connection/adaptor would not match.

Seeing all the posts on this topic I'm wondering what would be wrong with buying a universal wiring adaptor ($20 for a 12 pin...) or just using something similar (trailer wiring harness?)
I realize there is an adaptor for roughly $100 on Jeepsrus website, but seeing all those that have had the similar problem, I have to imagine there are a bunch of adaptors out there that have been cut off to use the adaptor.
Anyone have input or an adaptor they would part with?

NH2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
dscabra
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I bought one of these (a bit expensive for what it is):

http://www.jeepsareus.com/p/HTW9702BS.html

There are also DIY threads on this forum that show how to swap the connector to the right one for your harness for just a few dollars in parts and your time.
dscabra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You can adapt your hardtop to work with the factory plug in your Jeep easily and cheaply: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ha...years-1139347/

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.