tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 96 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #1426
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
OK so here is another question: Does the Currie 9120 TJS trackbar use a 2.5" JJ on the frame mount(single sheer) end? If so, it should fit into this bracket here? : http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/391

What Im thinking of doing is buying the Clayton double sheer TB bracket which keeps the same position as stock basically(but double sheer instead). Then take the Currie TB, carefully cut off the frame end JJ and reweld/mount 90 degrees into double sheer alignment. Thoughts on this?
If you are cutting it anyway, why not just use a jks track bar since you aren't utilizing the offset jj on the Currie track bar it seem a bit pointless to spend almost $100.00 more for it.

rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #1427
kylekae
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Mine rubs and I'm don't know what to do, is it that bad that it needs a fix, if so how do I fix it, I'd really prefer to keep my front g2 cover cause its much strong and it already has a few Nicks out of the bottom. I bent my stock track bar and a shop replaced it with an adjustable one. I think it is a Tera flex but idk. I have the currie ultimate steering from savvy it that helps. What to do?

Attachment 539838

Attachment 539840
kylekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #1428
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
If you are cutting it anyway, why not just use a jks track bar since you aren't utilizing the offset jj on the Currie track bar it seem a bit pointless to spend almost $100.00 more for it.
Is the JKS bar identical on all the other bends? Does it use the same JJ's? Link or model #?
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #1429
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is the JKS bar identical on all the other bends? Does it use the same JJ's? Link or model #?
I doubt it's exactly the same. It is however the only track bar other then the two Currie track bars that's worth it's price. Clearance wise they were very similar with the Currie having the leg up due to having the offset jj on the frame side. The one I'm thinking of is the ogs126
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #1430
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
I could be wrong, but wouldn't a stock wagoneer pitman arm be perfect for that. IIRC they were almost flat. A cj7 arm is flat. Can't remenber length differences though.
I don't know. I've read some stuff on using a waggy arm, but I don't know the intricacies of the taper, splines, arc geometry, etc. that's a question for mrblaine me thinks....

Quote:
OK so here is another question: Does the Currie 9120 TJS trackbar use a 2.5" JJ on the frame mount(single sheer) end? If so, it should fit into this bracket here? : http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/391

What Im thinking of doing is buying the Clayton double sheer TB bracket which keeps the same position as stock basically(but double sheer instead). Then take the Currie TB, carefully cut off the frame end JJ and reweld/mount 90 degrees into double sheer alignment. Thoughts on this?
that looks like an interesting idea, and based on their measurements it looks almost half the height of the stock mount...which would probably work well with a flat-ish pitman arm. the 2.5" JJ width would suggest an overall width close to 5" by the time you get a grade 8 bolt & nut in double shear....and that's definitely too wide to fit between the tie-rod and diff, but it should sit above enough since it's shorter...thats one of those things that would have to be tried with approx stock bumpstop height. I'd love to see full bump pics of that Clayton double shear setup with 1" or less bumpstop extension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekae View Post
Mine rubs and I'm don't know what to do, is it that bad that it needs a fix, if so how do I fix it, I'd really prefer to keep my front g2 cover cause its much strong and it already has a few Nicks out of the bottom. I bent my stock track bar and a shop replaced it with an adjustable one. I think it is a Tera flex but idk. I have the currie ultimate steering from savvy it that helps. What to do?
I posted pictures of that Teraflex track bar with a Solid diff cover (same exact shape like you have) earlier in this thread. The verdict was a ridiculous 4" bumpstop extension requirement. You'd need 4" of lift just to have the same suspension travel as a stock Jeep.

from: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...l#post12945566

Here's how you fix it:
Step 1: Remove that fat diff cover and throw it in the trash or sell it. No you can't keep it. You wasted your money, just like most of us in this thread.
Step 2: Remove that track bar because it doesn't clear the stock cover either. Replace it with a Currie TJS or TJJ model front track bar, which only requires around 2" front bumpstop extension when used with a straight tie-rod & stock diff cover.
Step 3: Remove your springs and push the axle to full bump and determine exactly how much front bumpstop extension you need with your new combination.

Quote:
No, it's not the same. The Currie bar uses better alloy tubing. Either one would work tho. I wouldn't suggest buying a new bar, just to cut up, anyway. Find a used bar to cannibalize.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #1431
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
I don't know. I've read some stuff on using a waggy arm, but I don't know the intricacies of the taper, splines, arc geometry, etc. that's a question for mrblaine me thinks....
Here's some pitman arms.
Chevy Van
TJ
WJ
Wagoneer

The WJ won't end up clocked right on the steering box without modification.

WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #1432
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Found it cj7 5.5" , tj 5.5". http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...reference.html
Unread 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #1433
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
that looks like an interesting idea, and based on their measurements it looks almost half the height of the stock mount...which would probably work well with a flat-ish pitman arm. the 2.5" JJ width would suggest an overall width close to 5" by the time you get a grade 8 bolt & nut in double shear....and that's definitely too wide to fit between the tie-rod and diff, but it should sit above enough since it's shorter...thats one of those things that would have to be tried with approx stock bumpstop height. I'd love to see full bump pics of that Clayton double shear setup with 1" or less bumpstop extension...
Curious, you state 5" clearance between the steering tie rod and the diff housing, and the pic shown confirms that. Will the ZJ V8 tie rod gain a bit more clearance or is the bend not far enough over to make a difference?
Unread 01-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #1434
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Curious, you state 5" clearance between the steering tie rod and the diff housing, and the pic shown confirms that. Will the ZJ V8 tie rod gain a bit more clearance or is the bend not far enough over to make a difference?
The picture doesn't confirm anything actually. Go measure yours and report back, that's the point I was trying to make. Obviously you didn't go measure, because it's not 5"...not anywhere close. That's my point. The V8 ZJ tie-rod and Currie will have less clearance than stock because they are thicker in diameter.
Unread 01-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #1435
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The picture doesn't confirm anything actually. Go measure yours and report back, that's the point I was trying to make. Obviously you didn't go measure, because it's not 5"...not anywhere close. That's my point. The V8 ZJ tie-rod and Currie have less clearance because they are thicker in diameter.
No I didn't measure yet.....I was just using it as a base example point. Regardless, I know the ZJ tie rod is thicker, but I thought it bends forward gaining clearance.
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #1436
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No I didn't measure yet.....I was just using it as a base example point. Regardless, I know the ZJ tie rod is thicker, but I thought it bends forward gaining clearance.
it doesn't bend forward, it bends downward. but the bend is in front of the pumpkin, after that window, regardless.

Unread 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #1437
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Regardless I have 4.25", but call it 4" if you want.
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #1438
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Regardless I have 4.25", but call it 4" if you want.
and that's the point...you end up needing to fit a 4"-4.5" bolt in that space (if using a 2" JJ & standard grade 8 hardware). that's why you see people use heims...to get a smaller mount profile. mudb8 did CB3's rig with a 2" JJ on a bit of an angle, taking advantage of the misalignment possible to squeeze the bolt in there....he's got pics of that in this thread and the build thread.
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #1439
rekkitralf

Throwing my. 02 out there. I run 3" coils and a currie TJJ track bar, with a rubicon axle, currently has OEM dif cover on it. Have not has it FULLY flexed out yet, but it isnt close to rubbing.
rekkitralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #1440
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekkitralf
Throwing my. 02 out there. I run 3" coils and a currie TJJ track bar, with a rubicon axle, currently has OEM dif cover on it. Have not has it FULLY flexed out yet, but it isnt close to rubbing.
Flexing isn't the issue...full bump is.
rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.