tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 96 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1426 of 1784 Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
rda616
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan
Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
OK so here is another question: Does the Currie 9120 TJS trackbar use a 2.5" JJ on the frame mount(single sheer) end? If so, it should fit into this bracket here? : http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/391

What Im thinking of doing is buying the Clayton double sheer TB bracket which keeps the same position as stock basically(but double sheer instead). Then take the Currie TB, carefully cut off the frame end JJ and reweld/mount 90 degrees into double sheer alignment. Thoughts on this?
If you are cutting it anyway, why not just use a jks track bar since you aren't utilizing the offset jj on the Currie track bar it seem a bit pointless to spend almost $100.00 more for it.

rda616 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1427 of 1784 Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM
kylekae
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: alpharetta
Posts: 153
Mine rubs and I'm don't know what to do, is it that bad that it needs a fix, if so how do I fix it, I'd really prefer to keep my front g2 cover cause its much strong and it already has a few Nicks out of the bottom. I bent my stock track bar and a shop replaced it with an adjustable one. I think it is a Tera flex but idk. I have the currie ultimate steering from savvy it that helps. What to do?

Attachment 539838



Attachment 539840
kylekae is offline  
post #1428 of 1784 Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
If you are cutting it anyway, why not just use a jks track bar since you aren't utilizing the offset jj on the Currie track bar it seem a bit pointless to spend almost $100.00 more for it.
Is the JKS bar identical on all the other bends? Does it use the same JJ's? Link or model #?
GMBNT42 is offline  
post #1429 of 1784 Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM
rda616
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan
Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Is the JKS bar identical on all the other bends? Does it use the same JJ's? Link or model #?
I doubt it's exactly the same. It is however the only track bar other then the two Currie track bars that's worth it's price. Clearance wise they were very similar with the Currie having the leg up due to having the offset jj on the frame side. The one I'm thinking of is the ogs126
rda616 is offline  
post #1430 of 1784 Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
I could be wrong, but wouldn't a stock wagoneer pitman arm be perfect for that. IIRC they were almost flat. A cj7 arm is flat. Can't remenber length differences though.
I don't know. I've read some stuff on using a waggy arm, but I don't know the intricacies of the taper, splines, arc geometry, etc. that's a question for mrblaine me thinks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
OK so here is another question: Does the Currie 9120 TJS trackbar use a 2.5" JJ on the frame mount(single sheer) end? If so, it should fit into this bracket here? : http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/391

What Im thinking of doing is buying the Clayton double sheer TB bracket which keeps the same position as stock basically(but double sheer instead). Then take the Currie TB, carefully cut off the frame end JJ and reweld/mount 90 degrees into double sheer alignment. Thoughts on this?
that looks like an interesting idea, and based on their measurements it looks almost half the height of the stock mount...which would probably work well with a flat-ish pitman arm. the 2.5" JJ width would suggest an overall width close to 5" by the time you get a grade 8 bolt & nut in double shear....and that's definitely too wide to fit between the tie-rod and diff, but it should sit above enough since it's shorter...thats one of those things that would have to be tried with approx stock bumpstop height. I'd love to see full bump pics of that Clayton double shear setup with 1" or less bumpstop extension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekae View Post
Mine rubs and I'm don't know what to do, is it that bad that it needs a fix, if so how do I fix it, I'd really prefer to keep my front g2 cover cause its much strong and it already has a few Nicks out of the bottom. I bent my stock track bar and a shop replaced it with an adjustable one. I think it is a Tera flex but idk. I have the currie ultimate steering from savvy it that helps. What to do?
I posted pictures of that Teraflex track bar with a Solid diff cover (same exact shape like you have) earlier in this thread. The verdict was a ridiculous 4" bumpstop extension requirement. You'd need 4" of lift just to have the same suspension travel as a stock Jeep.

from: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...l#post12945566

Here's how you fix it:
Step 1: Remove that fat diff cover and throw it in the trash or sell it. No you can't keep it. You wasted your money, just like most of us in this thread.
Step 2: Remove that track bar because it doesn't clear the stock cover either. Replace it with a Currie TJS or TJJ model front track bar, which only requires around 2" front bumpstop extension when used with a straight tie-rod & stock diff cover.
Step 3: Remove your springs and push the axle to full bump and determine exactly how much front bumpstop extension you need with your new combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Is the JKS bar identical on all the other bends? Does it use the same JJ's? Link or model #?
No, it's not the same. The Currie bar uses better alloy tubing. Either one would work tho. I wouldn't suggest buying a new bar, just to cut up, anyway. Find a used bar to cannibalize.


Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Funny:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #1431 of 1784 Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Ben
Hack
 
Ben's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Malvern PA
Posts: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
I don't know. I've read some stuff on using a waggy arm, but I don't know the intricacies of the taper, splines, arc geometry, etc. that's a question for mrblaine me thinks....
Here's some pitman arms.
Chevy Van
TJ
WJ
Wagoneer

The WJ won't end up clocked right on the steering box without modification.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ben is offline  
post #1432 of 1784 Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
rda616
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan
Posts: 3,430
rda616 is offline  
post #1433 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
that looks like an interesting idea, and based on their measurements it looks almost half the height of the stock mount...which would probably work well with a flat-ish pitman arm. the 2.5" JJ width would suggest an overall width close to 5" by the time you get a grade 8 bolt & nut in double shear....and that's definitely too wide to fit between the tie-rod and diff, but it should sit above enough since it's shorter...thats one of those things that would have to be tried with approx stock bumpstop height. I'd love to see full bump pics of that Clayton double shear setup with 1" or less bumpstop extension...
Curious, you state 5" clearance between the steering tie rod and the diff housing, and the pic shown confirms that. Will the ZJ V8 tie rod gain a bit more clearance or is the bend not far enough over to make a difference?
GMBNT42 is offline  
post #1434 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Curious, you state 5" clearance between the steering tie rod and the diff housing, and the pic shown confirms that. Will the ZJ V8 tie rod gain a bit more clearance or is the bend not far enough over to make a difference?
The picture doesn't confirm anything actually. Go measure yours and report back, that's the point I was trying to make. Obviously you didn't go measure, because it's not 5"...not anywhere close. That's my point. The V8 ZJ tie-rod and Currie will have less clearance than stock because they are thicker in diameter.


Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Funny:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #1435 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
The picture doesn't confirm anything actually. Go measure yours and report back, that's the point I was trying to make. Obviously you didn't go measure, because it's not 5"...not anywhere close. That's my point. The V8 ZJ tie-rod and Currie have less clearance because they are thicker in diameter.
No I didn't measure yet.....I was just using it as a base example point. Regardless, I know the ZJ tie rod is thicker, but I thought it bends forward gaining clearance.
GMBNT42 is offline  
post #1436 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
No I didn't measure yet.....I was just using it as a base example point. Regardless, I know the ZJ tie rod is thicker, but I thought it bends forward gaining clearance.
it doesn't bend forward, it bends downward. but the bend is in front of the pumpkin, after that window, regardless.



Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Funny:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #1437 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Regardless I have 4.25", but call it 4" if you want.
GMBNT42 is offline  
post #1438 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Regardless I have 4.25", but call it 4" if you want.
and that's the point...you end up needing to fit a 4"-4.5" bolt in that space (if using a 2" JJ & standard grade 8 hardware). that's why you see people use heims...to get a smaller mount profile. mudb8 did CB3's rig with a 2" JJ on a bit of an angle, taking advantage of the misalignment possible to squeeze the bolt in there....he's got pics of that in this thread and the build thread.


Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Funny:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #1439 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
rekkitralf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: riverside
Posts: 31
Throwing my. 02 out there. I run 3" coils and a currie TJJ track bar, with a rubicon axle, currently has OEM dif cover on it. Have not has it FULLY flexed out yet, but it isnt close to rubbing.
rekkitralf is offline  
post #1440 of 1784 Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
rchase559
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekkitralf
Throwing my. 02 out there. I run 3" coils and a currie TJJ track bar, with a rubicon axle, currently has OEM dif cover on it. Have not has it FULLY flexed out yet, but it isnt close to rubbing.
Flexing isn't the issue...full bump is.
rchase559 is offline  
Reply

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
how important are front and rear adjustable track bars? travk1234 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 5 09-02-2009 09:01 AM
Adjustable track bars Aiden80013 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 8 05-17-2009 04:07 PM
adjustable track bars jr1966 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 03-17-2008 05:15 AM
RE Adjustable Front Track Bar and a 2" BB... ? thejafe TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 01-01-2006 11:25 AM
Best Adjustable track bars kaybone TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 02-24-2005 07:15 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome