tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #106
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
BUMP - anybody have anything to report on the new Currie HD trackbar??
I put mine on yesterday and haven't bent it yet. (Although the rig still hasn't moved out of the garage ) I have bent 3 of the JKS versions so will see if this one holds up.

Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #107
redsoxski
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
I put mine on yesterday and haven't bent it yet. (Although the rig still hasn't moved out of the garage ) I have bent 3 of the JKS versions so will see if this one holds up.
Any clues how this differs from the old style (or better yet any pictures?)? The currie website just has the stock picture that is the same as the old model.
redsoxski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #108
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
Any clues how this differs from the old style (or better yet any pictures?)? The currie website just has the stock picture that is the same as the old model.
Was no use me taking pictures of the JKS as comparison, since of the 2 I have here, one has been welded on the bend where it broke, and is not the correct shape, and the other is still way bent bent out of shape.

The differences have been described somewhere in this thread I believe, but there is a lot more clearance due to the different shape and the way the frame end is attached. These pictures are about the best I can do just now.

Unread 05-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #109
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

I like the look of that trackbar. Looks like the moved the mounting point as far forward as they could.
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #110
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

What is everyone's take on Rough Country's adjustable track bars? I have their 2.5" lift, but to be honest it seems more like a 3-3.5" lift.

I would like to add Riddlers for my diff covers on down the road and was wondering if RC's front adjustable track bar would be alright to use with them (or the stock covers for the moment). Seems like I read in another thread where they redesigned the front adjustable for this very reason. I'm also running their rear track relocate bracket for the rear. Would that be alright to stay with, or should I upgrade to a rear adjustable as well?

I don't seem to be having any issues, but I haven't had this lift on a whole week yet. Just thought I would go ahead and ask in case a few wheeling trips tell me otherwise.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #111
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks kiwi...

that's awesome how they put it offset on the jj. that gives at least a 1/2" by it'self.

could you post the bent and welded jks bars anyhow just for giggles and to see a wasted jks bar? lol.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #112
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
What is everyone's take on Rough Country's adjustable track bars? I have their 2.5" lift, but to be honest it seems more like a 3-3.5" lift.

I would like to add Riddlers for my diff covers on down the road and was wondering if RC's front adjustable track bar would be alright to use with them (or the stock covers for the moment). Seems like I read in another thread where they redesigned the front adjustable for this very reason. I'm also running their rear track relocate bracket for the rear. Would that be alright to stay with, or should I upgrade to a rear adjustable as well?

I don't seem to be having any issues, but I haven't had this lift on a whole week yet. Just thought I would go ahead and ask in case a few wheeling trips tell me otherwise.

there's a pic above of the rc hitting the stock cover on alexia's jeep... that is the new front rc track bar also... as far as I know it' hasn't been changed, if It has I haven't heard about it or seen it yet...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #113
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

never mind kiwi.... I found the bent jks... lol

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #114
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
thanks kiwi...

that's awesome how they put it offset on the jj. that gives at least a 1/2" by it'self.

could you post the bent and welded jks bars anyhow just for giggles and to see a wasted jks bar? lol.
First one I bent alongside a new one

Second bent one on top, and the bent, broken and welded one on the bottom

Unread 05-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #115
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks again kiwi... I didn't see the welded one...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #116
Houndmaster1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So, Is there a silver bullet for an adj front track bar for a small lift, or is it all trial and error for a d44?
Houndmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #117
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndmaster1 View Post
So, Is there a silver bullet for an adj front track bar for a small lift, or is it all trial and error for a d44?
the JKS will work depending on your bumpstops...

I haven't seen the currie on a small lift yet, there's a good bet it'll work even on stock suspension if it's trimed to shorten it.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-25-2009, 05:49 AM   #118
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
there's a pic above of the rc hitting the stock cover on alexia's jeep... that is the new front rc track bar also... as far as I know it' hasn't been changed, if It has I haven't heard about it or seen it yet...
That is the track bar for their 4" lifts. The new one designed for the 2.5" lifts does not hit.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #119
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
That is the track bar for their 4" lifts. The new one designed for the 2.5" lifts does not hit.
did you get a new one?

RC's for the 2.5" has about the same bends as the RE, FT, rusty's, ....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #120
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
So if I went to Riddler covers for my diffs (D30/D44), would I still be alright? If so, I might pull the plug on a set of adj trackbars from RC.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.