tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #931
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Found a HD front cover that should work for all lifts and track bars that fit the stock cover!!! It's made from 3/8" A356 T6 aerospace grade hardened cast aluminum. Has a full 1" thick lower mounting flange and 1/2" thick upper. It's made by ODC, and they made the mold from the actual factory OEM covers. This came about they said after they seen so many complaints of clearence issues with their own "extreme offroad" series cover, as well as most other aftermarket diff covers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...#ht_2550wt_745

New Toy: 2005 Rubihara #111 of 1000
Wife's: 2005 Liberty CRD
2.5"lift, Rock Lizard rock rails, Front True Trac, Rear Powertrax N0-Slip locker, & 31" Duratracs on 15x7 rock crawler rims
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver Reg. Cab Dodge 2500 2wd
5.9 Cummins (lots of mods) dyno proven 550+rwhp
1badxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #932
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badxj View Post
Found a HD front cover that should work for all lifts and track bars that fit the stock cover!!! It's made from 3/8" A356 T6 aerospace grade hardened cast aluminum. Has a full 1" thick lower mounting flange and 1/2" thick upper. It's made by ODC, and they made the mold from the actual factory OEM covers. This came about they said after they seen so many complaints of clearence issues with their own "extreme offroad" series cover, as well as most other aftermarket diff covers.

Very Interesting

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Currie Control Arms Install Tips
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
UncleWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #933
-JD-
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Here is their full selection: http://www.americanrebelmfg.com/odc/jeep/

Might I ask where you found the more detailed info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWilson View Post
Very Interesting
Definitely! I had been thinking ARB, but this might do the trick.
2006 Rubicon Unlimited 6-Sp Manual - 285/75/16 Cooper ST MAXX/stock Moab wheels, Savvy Under Armor BL/MML, Savvy Step-Rocker/Sliders, Savvy/Currie Ultimate Steering, Savvy UCAs, Currie LCAs, TBs and BSs, Nth/AEV 3" Springs, Rancho 9000XLs (255s/256s), ARB D44 Diff covers, Savvy/Tom Woods HD Rubicon Rear drive shaft, Genright Safari 31gal Tank Soon: Savvy LED Lights, new engine :-(
-JD- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #934
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
Here is their full selection: http://www.americanrebelmfg.com/odc/jeep/

Might I ask where you found the more detailed info?

Definitely! I had been thinking ARB, but this might do the trick.

Called and talked directly to the lead design engineer, after I had to cancel my order for a front extreme cover due to the concerns raised in this thread. He like all the others stated they tested on over a dozen different rigs and cleared the tiered and trackbar when flexed out with no problems. He directed me to their newest product he said came directly from requests from desert racers who constantly see the type of suspension compression that leads to these problems but still need a strong cover that also dissipates heat the way aluminum does.
2.5"lift, Rock Lizard rock rails, Front True Trac, Rear Powertrax N0-Slip locker, & 31" Duratracs on 15x7 rock crawler rims
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #935
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
He like all the others stated they tested on over a dozen different rigs and cleared the tiered and trackbar when flexed out with no problems.
That's a great example of how companies and their "lead design engineers" don't understand the mechanics of this problem.

as I showed in a post #862, it really says nothing if it clears when flexed out. You need to pull the springs and push the axle to full bump.

Flexed:

Full bump:

BIG DIFFERENCE.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #936
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Called and talked directly to the lead design engineer, after I had to cancel my order for a front extreme cover due to the concerns raised in this thread. He, just like all the others, stated they tested on over a dozen different rigs and cleared the tiered and trackbar when flexed out with no problems. He directed me to their newest product he said came directly from requests from desert racers who constantly see the type of suspension compression that leads to these problems but still need a strong cover that also dissipates heat the way aluminum does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
That's a great example of how companies and their "lead design engineers" don't understand the mechanics of this problem.

as I showed in a post #862, it really says nothing if it clears when flexed out. You need to pull the springs and push the axle to full bump.

BIG DIFFERENCE.
Hey, you gotta give them credit for recognizing the the testing procedures of their original "Extreme" series covers was flawed and in real life street/offroad testing by the public had clearence problems and decided to listen to their customers demands by designing and bringing to market, a Lo-pro style cover based on the factory OEM profile. This is a real viable alternative for those needing, or wanting a stronger than stock cover, and really is a unique, yet very simple solution I wish others would follow!...........Oh, and they are made right here in the U.S.A.!!!!!!!

Seriously, how hard would it be for other companies that make steel covers to make a 1/4"-3/8" hard plate stamped steel cover identical to the standard OEM profile?
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #937
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFcavedweller View Post
i have the RC 0-3.5" lift's adj. track bar (theres a different one for 4-6"), and im not sure if its gonna be a problem or not. sitting level, theres about 3-4" clearance between it and the diff. i have the RC 3.25" lift kit.

these pics are with maybe 80% flex, right front wheel dipped down

wait till your tie rod gets bent/hooked from the frame side track bar bolt......

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #938
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here's a few pics (albeit small) of the above mentioned diff covers.

D30

D44
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #939
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
wait till your tie rod gets bent/hooked from the frame side track bar bolt......
i definitely don't get the feeling that its close enough to be an issue
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #940
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i have the RC 0-3.5" lift's adj. track bar (theres a different one for 4-6"), and im not sure if its gonna be a problem or not. sitting level, theres about 3-4" clearance between it and the diff. i have the RC 3.25" lift kit.

So this moved the trackbar forward and farther to the drivers side? Do you have better pics of the mount and the bracket?
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #941
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i definitely don't get the feeling that its close enough to be an issue
you don't even have to show me full bump pics and i can see its an issue. i'd guess it needs at least 2" front bumpstop just by looking at it. check out my pic, and see where the flex joint sits realitive to the straight part of the tie-rod...yours is moved forward and down even more...the bolt is going to hit the tierod.
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #942
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
So this moved the trackbar forward and farther to the drivers side? Do you have better pics of the mount and the bracket?
Quote:
you don't even have to show me full bump pics and i can see its an issue. i'd guess it needs at least 2" front bumpstop just by looking at it. check out my pic, and see where the flex joint sits realitive to the straight part of the tie-rod...yours is moved forward and down even more...the bolt is going to hit the tierod.
i'll definitely check it out and get some new pics as soon as im able. should i flip the bolt around or do you think it would still hit? i need bumpstops anyway just so my tires don't hit the fenders.
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #943
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Jeffrey sent me the same "new" one with different bends but it ended up being exactly the same as the one i already have on there just slighty longer at the axle end. But the bends were the same. the only difference would have been my joint on the axle end would have been threaded in further so i didnt even bother installing it.

here it is for refrence...

[/QUOTE]

full bump

top view

_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #944
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
full bump
that is NOT full bump.

you've got to compress that jounce bumper fully till the cup touches the spring pad. theres still a good 2"+ compression there till you reach full bump. yet another track bar that doesn't work.
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #945
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
that is NOT full bump.

you've got to compress that jounce bumper fully till the cup touches the spring pad.

Ok, but there is another reason for bump stops that nobody seems to be pointing out here!!!! I don't know why people are dead set on removing the springs to check clearence and set bumpstops. That can be a recipe for disaster in and of itself.

You need to see what the total compressed height is with springs installed! If someone places bumpstops that are one inch shorter than what the stacked/compressed height of said spring is, and comes down hard on the suspension, you can literally break your coil pack!!!

For instance........if the measured height between upper and lower spring pads with springs and bumps removed is 8" and your coils only compress to 9", you need at least 1" bumpstops to prevent blowing out your coils. I know with my current RC 2.5" progressives, I can strap it down to the trailer till the coils are completely stacked/compressed and with factory stops, the upper snubber just barely touches the bottoms pad. I really need 1" stops now, and not even worried with diff clearence!!!

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.