tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #901
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
It is, using the lower holes that are near the stock location, tho I see it as a wast of time unles you plan to convert your steering Drag link, and it won't be any better than the stock bracket already is. I personally do NOT view the High steer as an "upgrade" to factory steering considering you can bolt on Curries HD version unless you are messing around with over 37" tires and D60's. If you want an "upgrade" and "high steer", flip the currie TRE.

Thanks. I have no desire to change to a high steer system. Not for a 2" lift with 32s or 33s. I just thought that you could add a raised bracket to the front axle similar to the brackets on the rear axle to get your geometry back in line.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #902
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Could you gain some clearance by moving the tie rod from the rear of the drag link to the front? I realize the gain would be minimal and the hole is tapered but every 1/8th inch counts.

Edit: Never mind that won't even come close to working.
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #903
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I understand all that ,don't have bumpsteer . Most people probably wouldnt even notice but I am a stickler about some things especially if I think I can improve on it even though it usually means I will be selling a bunch of new parts soon . I only have slight side movement when braking hard or shifting when accelerating hard only because of the natural arc the TB and DL follow . The steeper angle they are the more lateral movement has to take place as the suspension moves . Geometry is correct I am not attempting to change that . I was just thinking if making those two components more horizontal , less resistance to the suspension if it is not forcing the body to one side as much if any should or could have a slight effect on the ride as a by product noticeable or not its not my objective . Its just a thought , flattening them out some . I just think the steering could be a little better for what I have done to it. didn't mean to get the thread off track .
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #904
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just read thru this entire thread........surprised nobody has mentioned the Skyjacker solution that relocates the track bar to the top of the axle where the original steering shock would normally go. Just a thought, and might not work with a shorter lift.
New Toy: 2005 Rubihara #111 of 1000
Wife's: 2005 Liberty CRD
2.5"lift, Rock Lizard rock rails, Front True Trac, Rear Powertrax N0-Slip locker, & 31" Duratracs on 15x7 rock crawler rims
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver Reg. Cab Dodge 2500 2wd
5.9 Cummins (lots of mods) dyno proven 550+rwhp
1badxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #905
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badxj View Post
I just read thru this entire thread........surprised nobody has mentioned the Skyjacker solution that relocates the track bar to the top of the axle where the original steering shock would normally go. Just a thought, and might not work with a shorter lift.
it screws up your steering geometry pretty bad.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #906
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badxj View Post
like unlimited said......

skyjacker uses a DPA to "correct" the geometry from raising the axle end.

Last week I hade a Skyjacker sales rep in the shop after the Washingtion Trade Show, showing off the new TJ stuff, the first thing I told him was I don't like the Polly bushings and the geometry is messed up not to mention it uses a bandaid DPA that can lead to steering box failure down the road.... He started to defend the "engineers" and quicky gave up as we walked into the shop and I showed him how I make track bars, brackets and control arms, ( I don't claim to be an expert but most of this stuff is just plain common sense IMO) It was mentioned that he'd talk to his engineers to see what they say about it.. one of my long term project Jeeps (the yellow and red hot dog) was sitting on the alignment rack at the time and I had another 00TJ I was building a new track bar for.

which to you think is better?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #907
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So, with the setup I'm going with.......a true 1" spacer on top of my current 2.5" RC lift, using the stock track bar then drilling/reinforcing the axle end mount to re-center............is there any HD aftermarket diff covers that would clear the larger d44 housing? Other that the hybrid type like Currie's?
2.5"lift, Rock Lizard rock rails, Front True Trac, Rear Powertrax N0-Slip locker, & 31" Duratracs on 15x7 rock crawler rims
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #908
2003Sahara
2013 JK Wrangler 

3" Zone lift

Just getting ready to install 3" zone lift with 3/4" spacer in front and was going to replace the front TB instead of drilling but it looks like this might not be the best idea. I guess the question is to drill or not to drill and if no drill what do I do. I agree with most and there is alot of info in this and it all makes sense but one moment the trackbar fits and the next instance it dosnt. I just want something that is a surething and works.

Thanks for the help
ORJ4x4.com
2003Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #909
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is quite overwhelming.

So far I think I understand this:
With my new downsized lift consisting of BDS 2" springs, BDS shocks, HP30, and stock bump stops I can never run my Riddler cover.

Can I use the Currie CE-9120TJS with a stock cover and a lower "face mask" diff guard such as this?

http://purplecranium.com/i-135135-da...ted-short.html
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #910
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post

With my new downsized lift consisting of BDS 2" springs, BDS shocks, HP30, and stock bump stops I can never run my Riddler cover.

Can I use the Currie CE-9120TJS with a stock cover and a lower "face mask" diff guard such as this?

U could do something like this as well: http://tandjperformance.com/store/in...oducts_id=1162
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #911
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the exact same lift in the mail (unsure on the spacer though as I will have to adjust once I have it on) but I picked up a Currie TJJ and installed it early as I was conveniently developing Death Wobble and it has fixed it. Right now I have a 2.25 BB and clearance seems ok.
Hopefully I will be doing the lift starting this weekend (IF IT STOPS ******* SNOWING) so I may be able to get some pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003Sahara View Post
Just getting ready to install 3" zone lift with 3/4" spacer in front and was going to replace the front TB instead of drilling but it looks like this might not be the best idea. I guess the question is to drill or not to drill and if no drill what do I do. I agree with most and there is alot of info in this and it all makes sense but one moment the trackbar fits and the next instance it dosnt. I just want something that is a surething and works.

Thanks for the help
rikkards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #912
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What is the new shock length, are the shock mounts modified?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #913
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
What is the new shock length, are the shock mounts modified?
BDS gave these specs on the shocks:
Extended 21.70
Collapsed 13.42

I measured 21.5 and 13.5 (I didn't measure it to the .10 of an inch)

Currie uppers and lowers w/Johnny joints in the housing mounts. Unmodified shock mounts at this point. I'm not opposed to modifying them but it seems pointless with a stock trackbar possibly binding.
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #914
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
BDS gave these specs on the shocks:
Extended 21.70
Collapsed 13.42

I measured 21.5 and 13.5 (I didn't measure it to the .10 of an inch)

Currie uppers and lowers w/Johnny joints in the housing mounts. Unmodified shock mounts at this point. I'm not upposed to modifying them but it seems pointless with a stock trackbar possibly binding.
I purchased the Rancho 9000 shocks for my BDS springs. My Rancho rears measure 13.625 collapsed my fronts measure 14.5 collapsed. BDS specs show rear 13.42 collapsed and BDS shows front measurments 13.92 collapsed. So they measure pretty close to each other.

I needed a 1" spacer on both the front and the rear to keep from bottoming out. I believe that you will need something to. Its a shame BDS doesn't include them. I used hockey pucks up front and some Performance Accesories body lift pucks for the rear. But the aluminum OME spacers would work well too.

Also I have recently purchase an OME rear tracbar bracket. I haven't installed it yet, but I expect that it will make a big difference in handling. So I would highly recommend spending the $18 and get one sent out to you right away. Otherwise, you will have to do like me and take it all apart again to do the install. If you do that, my understanding is you will need about 1.25-1.5" bumpstop in the rear.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #915
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Or, go with this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...item4aa65f8aa2

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.